ES Points? Long-Term Average? VOTE!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Scientist, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Well, Brother Candletrader, as you can see, the intents and efforts towards a peaceful solution in your and my last post are already negated.

I hope that you now have a better understanding of how the situation is. This is basically a brief summary of how the relation between DT-waw, me, and the the other respectable traders he consistently insults really stands.

As you must clearly understand, somebody halfway mature, with truly sincere or even peaceful, not to mention diplomatic intentions would never make such as statement as the latter made by him - Even if all the assumptions made by him were true, which is not even the case. His statement is inappropriate, untruthful and a deep insult, to those who choose to take him serious. I don't, so I'm no longer insulted.

The choice is and was always his. I hope you understand this now. Nevertheless, I appreciate your efforts made.

All the Best, Brother Candletrader,
    ~The Scientist :cool:

#21     Aug 12, 2003
  2. sempai

sempai

Forgive me for being skeptical, but we are now approaching 80% profitable traders in this poll, and 28% who say they make, on average, over 4.5 pts/day/contract day-trading the e-minis.

Would some of you (especially the 4.5+ pts./day people) be willing to tell us who you are and give us a brief description of your trading style or methodology, how long you've been trading, how you learned to be successful at trading, etc.?

Also, would any of you who honestly are consistently profitable in your trading, either short or long term (i.e. daytrading or position trading), be willing to pm me to discuss trading and possibly help me out a bit?
    Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Sempai

#22     Aug 12, 2003
  3. I share your skepticism...

I support DT-waw on the issue that there is just too much bullshit flying around on ET these days... but I do not support DT-waw on the assertion that it is not possible to extract a living out of the market...

I support Scientist on the issue that it is possible to extract a living out of the market... but I do not support Scientist on some of his more inflated assertions...

If Brother DT-waw were to concede that it is possible to make a living out of the market and if Brother Scientist were to deflate some of his more outlandish assertions, all three of us could find some common ground namely:

"It is possible to make a living out of the market, but that it is not as easy to do so as some imply, and that a supposedly modest daily long-term average actually equates to a brilliant annual % return which cannot therefore be labeled as the norm and/or treated with disdain"...

#23     Aug 12, 2003
  4. DT-waw

DT-waw

Brother Candle,

Where & when I said that it is not possible to make a living out of the market? Of course, it is possible!

#24     Aug 12, 2003
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Go brother Candle, go.... :cool:

#25     Aug 12, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Don't you love it? :p

#26     Aug 12, 2003
  7. Yeah it's a little funny isn't it... All those hero traders...

Particularly the 30% making 4.5pts+ :eek:

I suspect most of those voters simply have no idea what their actual long-term average is. They just think : "How much did I make yesterday? 9 points! Oh yeah. Well, I guess on average I'm around 5 points then..."

~Scientist

#27     Aug 12, 2003
  8. "Forgive me for being skeptical, but we are now approaching 80% profitable traders in this poll, and 28% who say they make, on average, over 4.5 pts/day/contract day-trading the e-minis."

Not sure if many people have checked into "dbanks" trading journal of late. I posted some trading statistics based on the trades that he has posted for the 4 months ending 7/31/03 and he averaged 4.21 points/day (after commissions).

No trading method provided, but dbanks is/was posting his calls in the ET Chat room and I have not heard anyone refute his trading results.

Seems to be evidence that at least 4 points/day can be achieved, even in this summer market environment.

Any comments from the wise? - rcm.

#28     Aug 12, 2003
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

Are you daring to suggest that 80% of traders aren't profitable??? And that 28% don't make over 4.5 pts/day/contract??? Tell me it isn't so, I wanna believe.... :D

#29     Aug 12, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Since no method is provided, what is there to refute?

A certain Moderator-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named gets upset because I don't believe every claim I read on ET. But given some of the more elaborate hoaxes which have graced these etherpages, forgive me for a larger-than-usual level of skepticism.

No_PM_Please is setting a standard for this sort of thing, telling you exactly what he does, exactly what to look for, posting trades in as close to RT as he can, with charts. Granted, it's impossible to know whether or not he's actually taking the trades, but at least one can, given the information provided, determine whether or not he should have, or whether or not the reader would have.

The Gimmees who are searching for gurus and recipes are going to believe all this nonsense rather than get down to the work. But that's their problem, and has been since the first trader opened for business under the shade of the first tree on Wall. If I didn't make every effort to look at these posts as entertainment, I'd end up like Emily Latella, complaining about violins on television.

#30     Aug 12, 2003