ES Points? Long-Term Average? VOTE!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Scientist, Aug 9, 2003.

1. sempai

sempai

What's wrong with this picture?

According to this poll, 75% of the respondents are profitable traders. Hmm.

#11     Aug 11, 2003
  2. Scientist,

FPC rules and you're annoying.

ROCK

#12     Aug 11, 2003
  3. This is a very commonly known market principle, brother Momento. Most people are either big losers or big winners. Few people are "in between".

Read also my post on page 1 on this thread regarding that issue.

Since there are an equal amount of votes on the "lowest" end of the scale, one could assume that the results probably aren't all that off-track.

Compliments,
    ~Scientist

#13     Aug 11, 2003
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Have to agree with you, that makes the results of the poll very suspect so far.... :eek:

#14     Aug 11, 2003
  5. Brother Scientist,

I disagree with the nature of your post... firstly, I regard DT-waw as a friend, so I would appreciate it if you would not attack him in such a way... I can only hope that you were being sarcastic in the quoted post...

Moreover, my views on the various performance issues currently being discussed are, on balance, mid-way between yours and DT-waw's...

With hope for our continued fraternal relationship,
    Candle

#15     Aug 12, 2003
  6. Dear Brother Candletrader,

While I shall maintain that I am always seeking a general state of peace with every member of the fraternity, as well as everyone else , I must pronounce that the behaviour of DT-waw has been more than inappropriate as of late.

Not only has he attacked me frequently, but also friends of mine here which I regard as highly credible traders and some mentors of mine. I do not think such a behaviour is acceptable under any means of consideration, and can not accept his transgressions.

All the efforts he made as of late were to discredit and ridicule the statements of ambitious, proactive and credible traders, attempting to destroy their efforts to lift the mental ceilings so terribly prevalent on ET. These are traders that have broken through these mental limits, including myself, while he keeps attacking us out of obvious insecurity, in order to manifest his invalid notions.

He cannot help thinking in %returns when it comes to trading. This is not the same. Trading is a profession, one in that you can constantly advance. It is not the same as putting money into a fund and leaving it there. For the work you put into it, you would expect returns that far outdo those given by any institutions. We are traders, we work for what we do, and many of us have to constantly raise our mental barriers in order to find continuous fulfilment in our love for this profession.

Now, as if all the demons we have to slay on the way to succeed in non-systematic, continuous trading wouldn't be enough of a challenge! We don't need people who, on top of that, constantly ankle-bite us on our journey to this new realm of trading performance. I am sure that you, too, have realized this, and that you, too are already re-thinking your position as to what is logically possible in terms of performance.

I am also sure that you, too wouldn't appreciate this kind of hindrance. Please let it not be made anymore difficult than it already is.

Unfortunately, I have to state that my statements regarding DT-waw were not sarcastic. I am at peace with everybody else on ET, and I have proposed peace to him several times. He will not accept. He hedges personal contempt, and so it shall be. It was his choice, not mine.

I appreciate your constant efforts to be at peace with everybody. However, if you are in the state of being a sincere achiever with a goal, you cannot always advance without finding enemies on the way. It is the way it is, and it wasn't my choice at all.

A few replies to DT-waw's transgressions made yesterday by two highly honored (and most credible) brethren in the ET community basically clarified to me that further responses to DT-waw are redundant. For until he realizes the trap he's in, there is no hope for him to understand. No hope to give up the journey he is on.

All this, said, I hope this doesn't mitigate our relation as brothers. Somebody else should not under logical circumstances be able to affect our relationship as brethren of the fraternity.

My sincere compliments and best wishes to you, brother candle,
    ~The Scientist

#16     Aug 12, 2003
  7. Thank you for your wishes, my Brother...

Although it is not my place to intervene, I can only suggest that you attempt to find some common ground with Brother DT-waw... you both are Brethren with good minds, so find the common ground and put behind you the acrimony... perhaps agree to disagree, but do so through humor, sarcasm and compromise, and not through overt acrimony...

As I have alluded to, I can personally find myself in agreement with various statements made by both of you... attempt to do likewise...

One other thing: to thine own self be true...

Good trading, my Brother...

#17     Aug 12, 2003
  8. Brother Candle,

Excellent words. May it come to pass swiftly.

Best regards

Natalie

#18     Aug 12, 2003
  9. DT-waw

DT-waw

There will be no common ground. I will not discuss with people who need professional psychiatrist help. Schizophrenia is a horrible mental disease. That's why I think Baron should ban Scientist, harrytrader, jack hershey, bubba7. I ask Moderators and Baron himself to read and analyze carefully some of their posts. Then, make a decision - do we want paranoid fantasies on EliteTrader or not.

#19     Aug 12, 2003
  10. Dear Brother,

I appreciate your sincere and wise words and intents of mediation.

I will attempt to make peace with him as soon as opportunity arises, as I have already done, many times. It is now only up to him to accept my offer.

All of us shall greatly honour your words in being true to ourselves. For this truth is the essence of life and peace within our hearts, for a future hopefully better than the past has ever been. And for this we shall all strive.

May Peace be with you, Brother Candle,
    ~The Scientist. :cool:

#20     Aug 12, 2003