ES option markets with IB ... MISSING!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by riskarb, Mar 1, 2004.

1. ktm

ktm

I am generally not taking directional positions. I am selling OTM calls and puts and hedging with YMs. Most months, there is slight managing necessary, some none at all. This month, there was more "rebalancing" than usual. What is frustrating is not being able to roll out the contracts when the market is moving or unstable (relatively speaking).

Having to buy/sell ES futures positions in these situations is a pain. When the volume based MMs show up with 150 to a side, the spreads are pretty tight, given .25 tick increments.

#21     Mar 24, 2004
  2. def

def Sponsor

I haven't checked if we offer QR's for that contract. Have you tried that?

#22     Mar 24, 2004
  3. ktm

ktm

What's a QR?

#23     Mar 25, 2004
  4. def

def Sponsor

Quote request - i forgot to take a look today to see if we offer this on globex. (it is exchange dependent). If you right click and see it as a choice, then give it a shot during normal trading hours)

#24     Mar 25, 2004
  5. I haven´t seen any possibility for QR/RFQ (not even EUREX !) with the exception of HKFE.

BTW, very strange: I see a QR "menu item" for YM, but not for OYM (?)

#25     Mar 25, 2004
  6. ktm

ktm

I tried it this morning after the 9:30 open. On YM and ES, when right clicking, the option was at the top but greyed out. I selected "Request for Quote" from the dropdown menu and tried it on an ES contract and got the following message "Unsupported order type 'QUOTE' has been selected for exchange 'GLOBEX' ". I suspect it's not a function currently working on those exchanges.

Thanks for trying def!!!

#26     Mar 25, 2004
  7. alanm

alanm

Quote from vega:
    You gonna start doing a RFQ for KTM in the e-mini?

I'll quote anything, man. You want a bid for 3.276 metric tons of whale blubber in Yokohama on March 5, 2007, you've come to the right guy :)

ktm: By "you", I meant to refer to the person making the market.

When the 150x MM is there, you seem to have a pretty good thing, with spreads of only 2-4 ticks in such a low-volume market. Must be someone totally automated. Like TH :)

#27     Mar 25, 2004
  8. TH is everywhere, find them even in HK ...

:p

#28     Mar 25, 2004