ES/NQ Trading - looking for solutions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by syswizard, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I have to disagree. Micro futures at $5/point will be more expensive per notional $ to trade. He was trading 4 ES futures and now you want him to drop to less 2.5% of that. The Micro futures will be good investors with smaller accounts but horrible for day traders.

#41     Mar 30, 2019
  2. NQurious

NQurious

Do you think there will be sufficient liquidity to make those things worthwhile for day trading? Seems all attempts to miniaturize futures beyond the e-mini's have not met with much participation, right?

#42     Mar 30, 2019
  3. NQurious

NQurious

I saw your post after I submitted this one of mine but that is exactly what I'm thinking. The mico's will be good for the investor who wants to make a longer term, days to weeks directional bet. But how many ticks profit will be needed just to cover transaction costs?

#43     Mar 30, 2019
  4. Omigosh, I'd love to do that...but with the 3 indicators, this is a VISUAL system. That's very important to understand. Ii would be quite complex to establish a backtesting methodology for this.

#44     Mar 30, 2019
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I've traded the smaller WTI futures. The side that order flow is directed at is always one tick higher or lower than the full contract and that is 50% of the full one. Little to no public orders and MM locking in a tick.

#45     Mar 30, 2019
    NQurious likes this.
  6. Look, the micro futures are not going to work...the returns are puny....I may as well go back to programming....which I don't want to do.
    I am a hybrid trader, part scalper (1-2 points) and part day swing trader trying to pick up some trends for 4-10 points.

#46     Mar 30, 2019
  7. NQurious

NQurious

I was not the one suggesting they would. I was the suggesting they wouldn't. If you read the market like you read ET that might be your problem lol ... whatever the issue, hope it works out for you.

#47     Mar 30, 2019
  8. schweiz

schweiz

It works the same in losing positions, you just have to add the minus sign.
    Wow, that's a great loss !

#48     Mar 30, 2019
    xavik, volpri, NQurious and 1 other person like this.
  9. Carlw

Carlw

Trading 4 S&P Mini's and 3 Dak's would require a cash account of around 100K and from the statements you have made it is very clear to any real trader your playing with a demo account and my bets are your not around after your demo runs out.

#49     Mar 30, 2019
  10. Carlw

Carlw

I trade 1 ES period. Institutional traders generally block trade the mini's and this guy is no trader.

#50     Mar 30, 2019