ES Mechanical Madness

Discussion in 'Journals' started by msprofitable, Feb 5, 2004.

1. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

I've been trading them for about three years. My husband doesn't trade any of these systems. I guess great minds think alike!

He tried to explain some of the trading decisions when I started and I gave up. This crossing that, momentum accelerating, etc. It all was like another language. I spent many months learning pieces of TA. When I'd learn something he'd try to help me figure out if it was useful. Just about everything I tried turned out as garbage. Like I said before, I don't know how you guys do it.

#31     Feb 9, 2004
  2. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Doesn't look like anymore trades for today.

Summary

Points of profit before today -90

Breakout - no trade

Reverse - no trade

Swing - +6.25*6 = +37.5

Points of profit after today -52.5

No open positions

#32     Feb 9, 2004
  3. mr_minty

mr_minty

I see....As long as you are having fun and making money, it really doesn't get much better than that! That's what we all strive for I'm sure...

Is your husband primarily a systems trader? Or does he trade discretionary throughout the day along with his mechanical systems acting independently?

Also, I was wondering what software you use to generate your signals? or do you just sort of crunch the numbers by hand at the end of the day and then enter in orders once the market starts moving again? i just use excel and then enter orders manually as i'm not very good with programming and haven't looked into using an API...

#33     Feb 9, 2004
  4. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

I don't know exactly what kind of a trader my husband is. He runs lots of models but the only time those signals get executed is when I'm monitoring them. I think he trades around them and uses the systems to get a idea where the market is going.

We use Tradestation for all our signals. We have the sound on each system. When a trade is signalled a sound is generated. I check quotemonitor and enter the trades in our brokerage accounts.

#34     Feb 9, 2004
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

tradertrex offer something like that http://www.tradetrek.com/members/basicdesc.asp

on other hand trader test sound interesting, may be you can copy it and sell it on ebay.

edit: his name is not Bill something isn't it :)

#35     Feb 9, 2004
  6. mr_minty

mr_minty

like bill lupien? that guy is amazing...a friend of mine knows him...some of his stories are awesome...just about the way he trades...unbelievable market feel...some people are just naturals!

#36     Feb 9, 2004
  7. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Thank you. It looks interesting. I'm not going to post my husbands name. What would be the point of posting with anonymity?

#37     Feb 10, 2004
  8. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Breakout - buy stop at 1141.00 sell stop at 1135.50
    If not filled by 10:00 ET then the trade is cancelled.

Reverse - no trades indicated right now

Swing - would have to drop a few points for a short entry signal

#38     Feb 10, 2004
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

do you have profit target/stop loss?

#39     Feb 10, 2004
  10. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Breakout trade was cancelled - no trade for it today

#40     Feb 10, 2004