ES Mechanical Madness

Discussion in 'Journals' started by msprofitable, Feb 5, 2004.

1. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

The biggest disappointment the first 3 months of this year was the poor performance of Breakout. It lost money during Jan. and Feb., and was only marginally profitable during Mar.

Here's the TS summary for Breakout for this month.

#191     Mar 31, 2004
  2. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

One of the switches available in Breakout is one to turn off the stops. With the stops turned off, this month would have been incredible. Now that I'm close to being on target for my 50%/year goal I'm planning on turning off the stops for Breakout for the next 3 months. Historically Breakout without stops wins about 58% of the time with larger winners than losers. It's going to make the drawdowns deeper, but I think over the 3 months it should do very well.

Here's the TS summary report for Breakout without stops (including today's still open short trade).

#192     Mar 31, 2004
  3. It might be because your entry is based on a different theory then your exits. Just by looking at your entries, they are swift, clean entries, but if trade does not go your way, your method is in for hours and hours of suffering. Time stop should improve your breakout method dramatically .
    walter

#193     Mar 31, 2004
  4. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Reverse - exited short at 1126.75

#194     Mar 31, 2004
  5. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Final summary

No more trades for today. The market would have to drop like a rock for swing to have a trade and the other two have already traded... and lost.

Summary

Points of profit before today +507.50

Breakout -.25 * 7 = -1.75
    Reverse -3.25 * 7 = -22.75
    Swing - no trades

Points of profit for March 2004 +483.00

No open trades

February was a below average month and this month was above average. After this quarter I'm up 11.7% from the beginning of the year including commissions. Not quite on target for a 50%+ year, but close enough that it's within reach.

I guess that's all I have to say for this journal so the moderator can close it and send it off to the old journal home.

#195     Mar 31, 2004
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

was your husband get good tips from ET and this is the way for him to say thank you.

#196     Mar 31, 2004