ES Mechanical Madness

Discussion in 'Journals' started by msprofitable, Feb 5, 2004.

1. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Breakout - 1 min

Reverse - 3 min

Swing - 45 min

#11     Feb 6, 2004
  2. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Having trouble posting today.

Reverse - short from 1128.00

Breakout - Sell stop at 1126.75

Swing - currently short from 1133.75

#12     Feb 6, 2004
  3. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Breakout lowered the stop entry to 1126.50. Now it's cancelled.

Stop on reverse trade at 1131.25.

#13     Feb 6, 2004
  4. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Stopped out on reverse trade at 1131.25

#14     Feb 6, 2004
  5. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Swing trade switched to long at 1135.25

#15     Feb 6, 2004
  6. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Yesterday's summary was incorrect.
    The reverse trade grossed .25 per-contract not .50 so the points grossed on that trade were + 1.50 not 3.00.

Summary

Points of profit before today -61.50

Breakout - no trade

Reverse -3.25*6 = -19.50

Points of profit after today -81

Open position long 6 in swing trade from 1135.25 and will exit on the open Monday.

#16     Feb 6, 2004
  7. How are your decisions for entry and exit being made?

#17     Feb 6, 2004
  8. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

Oops missed the reversal on the swing trade which lost -1.50 per contract for a total of -9.00.

Total points after today should be -90

#18     Feb 6, 2004
  9. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

I don't know the rules. My husband built the models. I just execute them and keep records of the actual fills against the modeled fills. I know the breakout won't take a trade after the first 30 min of the day. The reverse usually won't trade after a big range like today. The swing seems to take profit with the longs earlier than the shorts.

I'm trading these 3 for my IRA account. I'm also trading 8 others for our main account and 7 others that trade off daily bars in different futures contracts. This is all done on three computers.

It's pretty hectic during the first 30 min of the day.

My hubbie was a pro for years and he taught me enough to be dangerous. I tried to trade using my own ideas and lost money. I did some research on the Taylor Trading method and found it lost money. Everything I've tried on my own hasn't worked. I don't know how you guys do it. My husband made a test for determining how intuitive a trader is. He gave it to other pros to get a baseline. I took it and found out that I had no intuitive talent. I'm no math whiz so when my husband shows me tables and stats stuff I have no clue what he's talking about. Now, I just trade my hubbie's stuff mechanically when he's not around and trade my IRA and the 7 dailys when he is around. It keeps me busy and have some idea what it's like to be a trader.

#19     Feb 6, 2004
  10. That's interesting, can you talk more about that?

#20     Feb 6, 2004