ES Journal Archive (2011)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candles

candles

LONG 1267.5
    Should pay me a few quid

#51     Jan 3, 2011
  2. jjf

jjf

I am not your mother ... there is plenty here within this thread for you to think about

#52     Jan 3, 2011
  3. Don't add to a losing position during a flash crash and expect to be taken seriously.

#53     Jan 3, 2011
  4. emg

emg

you came up with this 'basic principal" Let me tell you the fact

more than 90% of futures traders lose trading in the futures market. And the reason why is:

According to CFTC:

Anyone buying or selling futures contracts should clearly understand that the Risks of any given transaction may result in a Futures Trading loss. The loss may exceed not only the amount of the initial margin but also the entire amount deposited in the account or more. Moreover, while there are a number of steps which can be taken in an effort to limit the size of possible losses, there can be no guarantees that these steps will prove effective. Well-informed futures traders should, nonetheless, be familiar with available risk management possibilities.

Futures trading is not for everybody and only RISK CAPITAL should be used.

More than 90% of futures traders still do not understand what this means like yourself.

Why don't u show all the es traders and post some trades. Show us your "basic principal."

Otherwise, forget trading and save your money

#54     Jan 3, 2011
  5. Something is smelling here. This feels like bull trap. I am not trading it but ... can something bad for market happen tomorrow, for example rates hike?

#55     Jan 3, 2011
  6. emg

emg

why don't your PM JJF. he will show you his "basic principal"

#56     Jan 3, 2011
  7. jjf

jjf

Just drop the ego and open your mind otherwise you are wasting your time

#57     Jan 3, 2011
  8. emg

emg

im still waiting for your "basic principals"

Come. if you have to do it on sim, so be it

#58     Jan 3, 2011
  9. bapovs

bapovs

Hmmmm, lost on the pullback. Was scaling in between 68 and 70 for a long. Did not see the (small) reversal coming. If the trade sequence would present itself tomorrow again, i will take the trade again.
    First trading day of the year is a small loss.
    How you guys did the first trading day of the year?

#59     Jan 3, 2011
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

I would like to request everyone be nice to emg, as he is the only leading indicator I know of.

He made it clear a long time ago that he trades 1 lot per $100K in his account and averages in 1 lot at a time. During the flash crash he posted his initial entry, and an add-on (maybe two). So before we lost all communication, he had 2 or 3 cars on in the low 1100's after the market had already fallen nearly 100 pts off the April high. Since there was no major news event driving the crash, the chance of a bounce was very good. Even if the market halted below 1050 and re-opened lower yet, I don't think he was in danger of blowing out his account because of his size-based risk management.

Averaging down isn't my cup of tea, but position size is a form of risk management when using this strategy.

#60     Jan 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.