ES Journal Archive (2011)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emg

emg

Oh, i made money on may 6th. the reason why is, i trade $100K per contract to prepare days like may 6th. in fact, i think mention that before may 6th.

its all about managing risk and not worrying about underleverage.

plus, that day es journal thread crashed. i couldnt get in and post orders.

#41     Jan 3, 2011
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Nearly 5 years later and we are still under this price

:eek:

#42     Jan 3, 2011
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Open the door to 64

#43     Jan 3, 2011
  4. Tough way to start the new year....December was an 'anomaly'...hopefully you won't see another for at least 12 months..

Got caught a little in November and scrambled out square in early December....I have conceded that although I made profits counter trending ES, I am not good enough and it conflicts with my mental set up for 6E....

So I have reverted to trend only trades in ES...

Hope you can pick it back up Ammo...has been tough.

NiN

#44     Jan 3, 2011
  5. Nexen

Nexen

I have to agree with Pekelo here.

Considering that you go for 1 point profit.

Considering that you use no stops.

Considering that you promote underleverage.

Considering that you rarely get filled.

You sir are a full of shit or a moron.

\What's the point of using substantial capital to make pennies ? Where's the great return in that lol

#45     Jan 3, 2011
  6. emg

emg

the reason is,

according to the CFTC:

Anyone buying or selling futures contracts should clearly understand that the Risks of any given transaction may result in a Futures Trading loss. The loss may exceed not only the amount of the initial margin but also the entire amount deposited in the account or more. Moreover, while there are a number of steps which can be taken in an effort to limit the size of possible losses, there can be no guarantees that these steps will prove effective. Well-informed futures traders should, nonetheless, be familiar with available risk management possibilities.

Futures trading is not for everybody and only RISK CAPITAL should be used.

let me translate. Futures trading is a very risky market to trade. that last sentence "Well-informed futures traders should, nonetheless, be familiar with available risk management possibilities." is very important to understand.

Anyway, i rarely lose day trading es makes me a moron.

#46     Jan 3, 2011
  7. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Not an EWT aficionado, but looks like a standard impulse from July and if Wave 1 = Wave 5 eyeballing looks like around 1292 cash maybe Thurs or Fri.

#47     Jan 3, 2011
  8. jjf

jjf

I don't think you are a moron, but you exhibit no understanding of the basic principals of ES trading.

If you dropped the ego and allowed your mind to open up I think you have a reasonable shot at becoming quite good at this game.

#48     Jan 3, 2011
  9. ammo

ammo

should have reduced/covered on fri,start of each month is an up move,looking for a stall /pullback from the trendline and nip posted on previous chart..74/75 es if we get there

#49     Jan 3, 2011
  10. emg

emg

what is the basic principals of es trading?

#50     Jan 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.