ES Journal - 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qlai

qlai

There are 896 pages of previous journal and OP didn't even provide EOY stats!? Just cruel! Well, pencil and paper ready...

#11     Dec 19, 2018
  2. Chewy

Chewy

Posting on Jan 1. I thought the market was closed on New Years Day.

maybe I should do a journal.

Lets see today I was chasing Mary Beth and almost caught her. But it was just another day of frustration chasing women. hahahaha. I never have any good luck at that. I think I am going to become a loner and learn how to trade the markets. Then when I get rich from trading the women will be chasing me. HAHAHAHA.

how was that for my journal. What do you guys talk about in your Journals. I am kind of new to this journal stuff. this being my first ever reading of a journal. I thought I shared better than the OP. hahahaha. at least what I said was exciting. hahaha.

am I allowed to post after the market closes. That way I will have all winners and no losers all year. hahahaha. I have this trading rule. buy the low of the day and sell the high of the day. It works very well after the market is closed. but I have trouble with the 2 fills. my broker says I should come back the next day and keep trying. one day the market will be down limit and I will fill all my buys. or up limit and get all my sells.

#12     Dec 20, 2018
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

The idiots are out of the woods early...

#13     Dec 20, 2018
    NQurious and oraclewizard77 like this.
  4. Buy1sell2. I enjoyed reading your other journal. You are very honest when many people are not. I like the Bitcoin threads, no one admits they lost but someone did. Maybe not here. G/L this year, I will follow your journey.

#14     Dec 31, 2018
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I just invented a new word in my head. "Journaley". Noun. It is the journey one takes with one's trading journal. Fuckin' A, you heard it here first ladies and gentlemen!

Merriam-Webster, I hope you are reading this! Wheeee!

#15     Dec 31, 2018
  6. I personally don’t track # of winners and losers as to me it is all about P and L.... I trade to make $$$....If not making $$$ then something is wrong....I’m up 84% since loading my account in August 2018. Volatility has certainly helped the results.

I’ve been trading ES futures since 2011 with lots of lessons learned. I’ve finally learned to cut losers, starting to let winners run, and trying like a mofo to trade in the direction of the predominant trend based on daily chart. It has also certainly helped the results. I’m interested to see what my return will be for CY 2019 although I won’t put too much faith in it as I believe it will be volatile and that will certainly juice results.

Happy New Year and good luck to all on 2019.

#16     Dec 31, 2018
    RockNar and oraclewizard77 like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed, I have also finally discovered a method that I think will work for me now based on my real-time sim results, provided that market conditions do not change. This will be like the 4th time in 3 years I have had to change my strategy, due to changing market conditions. October was the month I could have survived if it came back in November. But this year? November? Yikes.

#17     Dec 31, 2018
  8. Overnight

Overnight

@Buy1Sell2 Sorry man for clogging up your fresh clean journal with my bits, before you have even gotten started! I do get carried away at times. :-(

No wonder your journal threads grow to 5,000,000,000 pages in a year. :)

#18     Dec 31, 2018
  9. qlai

qlai

That's how people blow up. It's not how much you make but how much risk you took to get there. Happy New and hopefully volatile Year to all!!!

#19     Jan 1, 2019
  10. destriero

destriero

#20     Jan 1, 2019
    FriskyCat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.