ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Unable to purge the recent low on 240 and selling has slowed to a minimum. I agree with Vol, that shorts are exceedingly risky aqui
    [​IMG]

#8651     Dec 14, 2018
  2. destriero

destriero

LOOQ AT THAT BULLISH DIVERGENTS!1111

#8652     Dec 14, 2018
  3. Aj2014

Aj2014

that's the guy. His calls are phenomenal. I mean, his actual calls. Like when he posts a live trade, it nearly always flies in his favour. I'd give my right nut to know how he does it!!

#8653     Dec 14, 2018

4. You keep claiming that shorts are risky while the ES has dropped 200 points in the past 2 weeks...200 points but shorts are the risky play?

#8654     Dec 14, 2018
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  5. themickey

themickey

Gotta admit, the MACD, RSI, BB's sure are fantastic indicators in the hands of an eggspurt.

#8655     Dec 14, 2018
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'm a big picture player and over the long haul have been very successful.

#8656     Dec 14, 2018
  7. destriero

destriero

lol I love the assumption that since I wasn't here to post the cover that it miraculously is held in perpetuity. I already stated (in the PM) that it was covered when ES went negative after the NFP.

I was up 0.13% on Dec 7.

I will produce the PortfolioAnalyst report from that day, provided that...

polenta produces a run showing his 2624 long fill <or> you produce your run from yesterday.

I insist on posting. Yes.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    #8657     Dec 14, 2018
  8. Your daily P&L of complete portfolio has got to be volatile. Obviously you are able to control the emotions associated with it. It’s not for the faint at heart.

#8658     Dec 14, 2018
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  9. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

He sounds like most of the FA's that pose as disinterested market "observers". (i.e. long is always right, never sell, market is always bottoming, but never topping).

#8659     Dec 14, 2018
    destriero likes this.
  10. It’s a mindset. I have friend that only trades long. He refuses to take a big loss. Always selling all kinds of options spreads to “manage” his position. Never shares how much he is down. You can tell when he is down because his mood changes.

He has convinced himself that because the market trends up in the long term, he only trades the big picture. He says what I am doing is not the right way to trade but when I ask him what his PL is, he won’t say. I openly share mine with him if he asks.

Not saying B1S2 does not make $ or is not successful. However, I believe this kind of mindset damages you “long term” because let’s face it, nobody likes to lose $$$

#8660     Dec 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.