ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We rally to 3333 ...

#6951     Oct 21, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's move the goal post, shall we? So what is your definition of soft stop and what is the point of it at all, if it is rather meaningless?

For journal integrity purposes we credited you with a 148 pts loss, but feel free to go long again. Just for the record, your super flexible, super soft SL was penetrated for the 3rd time in RTH.

#6952     Oct 22, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  3. jpiper

jpiper

Personally I think the journal has lost considerable credibility. Let's say you have a "mental stop" or a "soft stop" of 2761. When the price goes through 2761 what do you do? Wait? You could be waiting 50 handles lower. Effectively a "mental stop" is not a stop. It's just an excuse to not take your loss. If you do take your loss, and the price reverses, you just get back in with a new stop. Losses are part of the game. But the ES could rally 100 handles from here and I'm still going to be thinking you got stopped out.

#6953     Oct 22, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 and Pekelo like this.
  4. Perma bulls and bears will always find a reason to break their rules. That is what a mental stop is. It’s all psychological and We all suffer from it.

#6954     Oct 22, 2018
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

We are right at the second test of the bottom of this floor construction. Staying long here. I will not buy more as I never scale in or out.

#6955     Oct 23, 2018
  6. Bold prediction but like the fact you are putting it out there. Feds raising rates because they need bullets when shit hits the fan. We all know it will soon.

#6956     Oct 23, 2018
  7. Time for perma bulls to check their supply of underwear

#6957     Oct 23, 2018
  8. I can't say I lose any sleep over it, but it's a little odd to see B1S2 who talks about journal integrity basically trading without a stop now that he's continuously stopped out.

2650 remains a reasonable target for this down move. :)

#6958     Oct 23, 2018
  9. I don’t care what anybody says...Trading without stops = refusal to admit when one is wrong. It’s very dangerous.

#6959     Oct 23, 2018
    Laissez Faire and Spooz Top 2 like this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

By the way, there are no hard or soft stops. As Jpiper said, it is either a stop or not. B1S2 just desperately grabbed to the idea from my quote from a non-existing book, just to justify his stubbornness. :)

And here we are his stop penetrated by 30 points like a drunk virg.. I mean like the South by Sherman. When will the pain end???

Since I like to be helpful: How to survive a bear attack

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/survive-bear-attack-video/

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    #6960     Oct 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.