ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wish I could have arrived at the same conclusion, but after trialing various activity based charts (range, tick, volume) on multiple occasions and really wanting to make them work, I keep getting back to time charts.

Sure, I can see the value in range charts and similar, but superior value? I haven't yet found it, but I keep an open mind still...

Would you mind sharing a bit more? Typically, what settings would you use for day trading the ES? Do you use candles or just boxes?

Thanks in advance.

PS: One of the things I like about time based charts is their consistency from day to day.

#6361     Aug 17, 2018
  2. _eug_

_eug_

I am not trying to catch the exact top / bottom of the rotation but more trying to get in on the first test of said top / bottom. Some of the trades may appear like I am calling tops or bottoms but I am looking left for reference. I admit yesterday's trade was off a time frame too short which makes it lower probability for a proper bounce so I took half my usual position and cut quick when was wrong. It works better on higher time frames where sufficient momentum has been built to give the good bounce / drop.

#6362     Aug 17, 2018
  3. _eug_

_eug_

Taking a long in the over night here, NQ from 7390. Targeting 7441 ish.

Also put a global close position on my platform to cut all my trades if a certain loss is hit so I dont fuck up like on the CL trade on Wednesday.

#6363     Aug 17, 2018
  4. exited all ES shorts

#6364     Aug 17, 2018
    _eug_ likes this.
  5. renko76

renko76

range creates walls...….go with 12 tick range....range does things time cannot do...…...candles have one wick.....candles all same size.....time ginormous bar followed by teeny one...but yes, huge number of options, I prefer orderliness, clarity, dependability, and knowing several things...times u know nothing but what time it is......but, again, each psyche is unique so there is an option better suited for one than another.

#6365     Aug 17, 2018
  6. renko76

renko76

note the 6 oclock nq...…80 sell …...5 oclock .....buy was 67 buy….top of screen or bottom? result? double shaven head says much....nadir then .apex no brainer even before born...marubozu.apex ..yes, after the fact...always easy afterward….but eventually with same system every single time and one signal only allowed, with no t hinking allowed no news allowed ...price is money …...not lines....lines lag... we do better in the sweet by and by.....years go by, we learn..the candle tips are giving u the future..must go now and watch the only news allowed on my screen...the good guys...won't start it so have a great day of trading. all of us.... comment will be intraday stuff ….2 hrs primetime is my focus starts at market open....make it in the morning lose it in the afternoon....for most..overnight is okay for a few...….but I like the 8 hrs sleep....brother up at 2 for the dax ….he is a true genius, engineering....but dax eats his lunch...

#6366     Aug 17, 2018
  7. _eug_

_eug_

Added another long here at 7365

#6367     Aug 17, 2018
  8. Shorted 2847.50

Worked the first time for me.

#6368     Aug 17, 2018
  9. Hope to get 2844.50

#6369     Aug 17, 2018
  10. exit

#6370     Aug 17, 2018