ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinabetal

pinabetal

This test of the extreme low happening as I type could end up being a higher low reversal or a lower low reversal but it needs to be in the general area of the prior extreme low and the test itself NEEDS to be weaker than the test to the MA. All that will show some buying pressure. If the test to the extreme low ends up being stronger that the prev test up to the ma then the test up to the MA may just end up being a flag and trend could well continue down. However, with three bull bars in the test to the MA I lean towards a HL trend reversal BUT A FEW MORE BARS WILL tell the tale. Bye

#521     Jan 30, 2017
  2. pinabetal

pinabetal

May get a measured move up. Really gotta go. Things to do. Will check back later in day...Bye.. slide4.JPG

#522     Jan 30, 2017
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Remaining long here.

#523     Jan 30, 2017
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

We'll likely at least get into the low 80's today or tomorrow.

#524     Jan 30, 2017
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Staying long overnight.

#525     Jan 30, 2017
  6. pinabetal

pinabetal

I wouldn't be holding long overnight after the measured move was made. Price could certainly retrace the whole move up. Good luck.bye

ES 1-30.jpg

#526     Jan 30, 2017
  7. CBC

CBC

Quite a sell off!

Did any1 short from the open?

#527     Jan 30, 2017
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. pinabetal

pinabetal

Here is what happened after the measured move was reached.

slide7.JPG

#528     Jan 30, 2017
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

IMO, rth(regular trading hours) opening and closing volume can not be used to determine "exhaustion" as these times ALWAYS have high volumes in relation to the day. However, relative to previous open/close periods is appropriate.

IMO.

#529     Jan 30, 2017
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. pinabetal

pinabetal

yes, generally that is correct. However, in this particular case, the market, still weak from the open of rth the big vol does carry abit more weight coupled with the fact that the bar on which it took place closed weak which means this volume was more likely than not selling activity. Some institutions were selling alot near the close of rth. Overall the trend was down for the day but in the shorter tf view it was up from the bottom of the measured move to the top of it which was reached also near the rth close. For me, i would pay attention to that kind of vol in such a context. It certainly was not retail traders creating this selling vol.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    #530     Jan 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.