ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volente_00

volente_00

Delayed ?

WTF it's 2018 man!

Time to swap that Nokia 8110 for an IPhone 8+

#4251     Apr 18, 2018
  2. zenemini

zenemini

I do that all the time. I use real time on my computer and then place my trades with a broker who uses delayed data on my phone.:sneaky: 100% win rate, baby! ;)

#4252     Apr 18, 2018
  3. Handle123

Handle123

So this is your thoughts of who you are? Cause "we" are not entire entity.

I get up every morning and I am system developer and business owner dealing with financial markets.
    Computers stay on to watch automation that those apps in cities where the exchanges are located.
    I watch markets maybe 2-3 times a month and only all day when I am trading 2 lots to check if signals perform real time before coding for automation. Backtesting is never enough or true.
    Life is a gamble.
    I don't drink espresso in the states, only regular coffee whether Starbucks or McDonalds(before 10:30am).
    I lost the emotional highs/lows back in the 90s, it simple the same job, I enjoy the system development much more. I never enjoyed the actual trading, plus I couldn't trade 24 hours a day too often. Most there is frustration of not clearly understanding whatever I been working on which has been physics and cycles of late. Math skills are tarnished a bit.
    It's funny, once you learn how to stop losing so often, you question yourself why it took so long.
    I avoid anyone taking my picture, let alone be on some video.

#4253     Apr 18, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

upload_2018-4-18_22-5-21.png

#4254     Apr 18, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I was wondering what you were seeing. So although the definition doesn't explicitly say it has to be 1 day, your IR is more than 3 weeks long. That is a Continent Reversal, not an island... :)

"
    • The trading activity may last for only a single day or a couple of days. When this arrangement occurs for only a single day, it is known as "one day reversal"."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_reversal

I wouldn't call 17 days a couple of days though... Your posted picture is more likely a dwarf's face with a hat. :)

Edit: We have just dropped so looking for a downgap at the open, making it a BEARISH possible island reversal, with yesterday's (or the day's before) upgap. It is happening after a decent run up, otherwise known as top....

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    #4255     Apr 19, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is a classic IR from 6 days ago. Although this 10 days chart is full of gaps, this one is the most classic, except it didn't happen at a bottom. Nevertheless we rallied from there...

There is another one at the 2660 level, but that is 6 days wide, and not so symmetric...

• IR.png
      IR.png
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
    #4256     Apr 19, 2018
  7. nickynoes

nickynoes

No I only use 1 account, I have both long and shorts open at the same time.

#4257     Apr 19, 2018
  8. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

Hey B, IR`s / Island Reversals are just that... a reversal of trend that leaves an Island in it`s wake after two successive gaps. There`s only two forms & trend has not changed yet....

Bearish....

[​IMG]
    Bullish...
    [​IMG]

#4258     Apr 19, 2018
  9. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

LMAO... I use finviz to see everything at a glance as I also Swing Trade Commodities, Crude, Gold, Bonds & Index Options & only check in periodically ...I dont really care when I`m on the road to have up to the second quotes.... Unless i`m loaded to the gills in which case I`m always Bid & Offered 0ut way off the current market for significant moves... I think I subconsciously do it intentionally.

https://finviz.com/futures.ashx

The new Samsung is very dependable... Just have`nt figured out the messaging end of it yet? Any Advice on this newer model? They said it was last years model but I think it may be just a bit older than that?

[​IMG]

#4259     Apr 19, 2018
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

15 minute charts cannot be used to identify gaps. Gaps are defined by daily charts. What I showed was very definitely an island reversal. Bearish gap followed by bullish gap. The number of days has no consequence.

#4260     Apr 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.