ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinabetal

pinabetal

really? Trend is down from fridays high. Trends have inertia. But of course they have reversals too LOL

#361     Jan 23, 2017
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes

#362     Jan 23, 2017
    bigsnack likes this.
  3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Overall trend is up

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 14.57.35.png

#363     Jan 23, 2017
    bigsnack and CBC like this.
  4. pinabetal

pinabetal

ROFLMAO! Markets are flexible. There are general principles that stay the same. For instance, there will always be Trends, PB, Ranges, Channels, but the way in which each is made is different from session to session as the markets probe for value. We have to take our profits when the getting is good because of that darn "mean" reversion. Don't you just love jumping out on pb after a handsome profit and locking in that profit then entering again if the previous move continues? Markets are flexible and uncertain. We must embrace that uncertainty and accept the fact they we can be wrong at any time. For instance buy 1 sell2 you had a very small actual risk this morning. I figured the odds favored maybe a couple of points profit for you before a slide down. Instead it handed you a handsome 5 or 6 points. Did you take them? Or are you holding thru this pb? If so why? You had a great RR. I would have grabbed it faster than you could say houdini.

#364     Jan 23, 2017
  5. pinabetal

pinabetal

That longterm trend has nothing to do with daytrading or short term trading which is what buy1sell2 is attempting to do. Now if one is investing that long term trend carries more weight.

#365     Jan 23, 2017
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Depends on how you go about skinning the cat, I prefer only to look for long signals within an overall uptrend.

#366     Jan 23, 2017
  7. pinabetal

pinabetal

I gotta go or algofly will be on here chasing me away. See ya'll later bye for now. As MacArthur said ..."i shall return" unless i get banned which i may be on the verge of accomplishing unintentionally. Hope you grabbed your profit buy1sell4

#367     Jan 23, 2017
    algofy likes this.
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Stopped for loss of 2.25 pts

#368     Jan 23, 2017
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Reader---------Markets never change. Price action may change from day to day, but markets are the same , day in and day out. The same rules apply each and every day.

#369     Jan 23, 2017
  10. pinabetal

pinabetal

Well at least you are being honest. Many would say they jumped out.

#370     Jan 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.