ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L 2440

#2331     Jun 9, 2017
  2. Profit target is set at 2460. Have to go out now. Happy trading!

#2332     Jun 9, 2017
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Staying long here.

#2333     Jun 9, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Intermediate to long term tops are more likely when volatility returns and you have 20 point swings intraday consistently. Till then it's a low volatility crawl up.

It will be extremely nice trading when it happens. The valuations have to be high enough it causes structural shifts, where the last buyer is sucked and the largest inventory holder seeks to monetize into other assets. Equities in essence are a second tier currency.

You should see Vix rising as the market continues to go higher.

#2334     Jun 9, 2017
  5. _eug_

_eug_

How do you guys handle the contract roll over? Yesterday was Roll over date but June contract had more volume so I traded that and everything was as usual. Today September had more so I swapped to it but my levels were no longer valid because prices are just not the same between them two. I basically got creamed today.

#2335     Jun 9, 2017
  6. speedo

speedo

I always switch on the Friday as that is usually when the front month prints the higher volume. As a day trader, I don't care about the differential...just starts fresh.

#2336     Jun 9, 2017
  7. You need to get a feel for the next month before rollover and do your sheets before.

#2337     Jun 9, 2017
  8. Use 'merge back adjusted', for Sept ES the value should be -2.25 to Jun ES
    Values should be more than accurate enough for analysis on the merged contracts

#2338     Jun 9, 2017
  9. wave

wave

#2339     Jun 9, 2017
    BoyBrutus likes this.
  10. _eug_

_eug_

Comparing the June and Sept contract you are absolutely right. My levels were off by about -2.25. Stupid rookie mistake cost me $600. Lesson learned. I am trying to figure out how to setup the roll over properly in Sierra chart now. Is there a point in time that the September contract will match the price of the June?

#2340     Jun 9, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.