ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. %%
    Good pointsBL20; but if it takes 3 years, or much more / bear market to come back, we maybe should aim for more .The US stock market has been uptrending for 200+ years, but that is not a prediction.

#2211     May 26, 2017
  2. Boring. Probably gonna just drift up slowly or flatline. Think i'm gonna call it a day and wait for the ramp up next week.
    Have a good weekend

#2212     May 26, 2017
  3. Drawdown becomes a function of time and degree. How many days has a 60 point move from the most recent high taken to revert back to the peak. So if you have a 60 point move to the downside. What is MFA and MAE after entry 60 points from the most recent peak.

#2213     May 26, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    Sounds like we agree on the importance of trends;
    20 year SPY is still uptrending, OK,some may want better than a 7 year drawdown. But drawdowns may not be losses. Like Comagnum said ,most investors make money in the US stock market....................................................................................................

#2214     May 26, 2017
  5. Yesterday price slipped towards the close. Let's see what happens today.

#2215     May 26, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. RRY16

RRY16

This has turned into a long only -buy n rot cheerleading thread, atleast at the Super Terrific Happy Hr you get some splaining and insight.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    #2216     May 26, 2017
  7. Just like the price action, overall most are doing well, I've taken some shorts. Some worked out some didn't. Generally I like to short or mean revert trade at high end of ATR.

In a upward trending market, if you don't scalp out a short, it eventually turns into a loser. The price action is caught in narrow bands most of the RTH. There is a huge timing event approaching. I'd rather see guys making money only taking longs in this atmosphere than loose trying to get a precise short in place.

"The price action is scalping out its own shorts, and trending it's longs."

#2217     May 26, 2017
    Brianharvey likes this.
  8. That's actually quite impressive and a testament to the traders here! You say it like it's a bad thing.
    On most trading forums, everyone is getting killed trying to short this thing.
    Most people in this thread understand that we are in a mad bull trend and the only way is up, and that 'long only' trading makes sense and that shorting isn't too smart (unless you're trying to scalp for 2 ticks or something)

If we know that we'll likely be 50 handles or so higher within a few weeks (or possibly much much sooner) then buy 'n' rot makes sense

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    #2218     May 27, 2017
  9. speedo

speedo

Surely you don't believe corrections in either direction average "2 ticks". A day trader shouldn't care whether it's a bull market or not, each day has its own personality and segments of direction. In a bullish environment, there are likely to be more long signals but it would be costly for a professional day trader to not take the shorts. I get "bull" and "bear" markets on the majority of days regardless of what the daily is doing. Additionally, in any environment often the best trading days are corrective to larger trends.

#2219     May 27, 2017
    JefeTrader likes this.
  10. Asian session is trying to front run European open, with the Greek news of possible default.

#2220     May 29, 2017
    mastacoli71 and JefeTrader like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.