ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flat 14

#2201     May 26, 2017
  2. crazy how everybody is deathly afraid to short. Price action that should fall just goes flat, and then drifts on up

#2202     May 26, 2017
    bladerunner2049 likes this.

3. Been trained through getting burned. If you think of it this way. Go long at any point within the last 7 years. Eventually it comes back and you just need enough capital to weather drawdown.

Calculate average swing deviation to the downside. Wait patiently and get long.

#2203     May 26, 2017
  4. speedo

speedo

Depends on your time frame, I get long and short signals most days and don't care one way or the other.

#2204     May 26, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. I stopped shorting the indicies a good few years back. My account has thanked me! Long only. It goes up over time. It has too. Shorts are always low probability trades - even daytrades

#2205     May 26, 2017
  6. That's right, I think.
    Most people I know who trade as a hobby do very well, and they aren't even aware you can 'short'.
    They've all done better than me, but I think that's because I made the mistake of trying to go both long AND short. Shorts tend to always cost me money

#2206     May 26, 2017
  7. speedo

speedo

If shorts cost you money, the defect is in the trade plan and not the short. Much is dependent on targets and stops. I am a singles hitter so my targets are modest and stops more modest. As a result, I just take intraday momentum swings and don't find much in the way of longs outperforming shorts. Even in a bull market there are trend days down. On those days I get mostly if not exclusively short signals.

#2207     May 26, 2017
    RRY16 likes this.
  8. Long here at 2413
    TP 2433

#2208     May 26, 2017
  9. speedo

speedo

Unsurprisingly sluggish pre-holiday trade

#2209     May 26, 2017
  10. %%
    Good time frame points;
    I care about the trend/ trend friend more than the counter trend[ called a correction, or pullback..... in an uptrending bull market]; but some market$ have Very good counter-trends.

NYSE maybe more orderly than NasdaQQQ...........................................................NOT a prediction. Most system profit$ in countertrend$ are not@ all ,near the trend profit$

#2210     May 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.