ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big mac

big mac

Not if your internet goes down on that walk :)

#131     Jan 11, 2017
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

My rules are set up to reap profits over the long haul. On individual trades I may lose or give back all profits.

#132     Jan 11, 2017
    CBC and algofy like this.
  3. big mac

big mac

Market the same but the logistics are different? Not sure what you mean by "logistics", would you please clarify?

#133     Jan 11, 2017
  4. speedo

speedo

I am not talking about walking away from a daytrade. As I don't automate other than an ATM, I do not walk away from an open position.

#134     Jan 11, 2017
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I don't have to call a broker anymore.

#135     Jan 11, 2017
  6. big mac

big mac

Lol, your an oldtimer :)

cool, i'll leave you alone, probably learn smthg from you

#136     Jan 11, 2017
  7. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

One might think that when you don't see Mac's Trades, but don't let his humble words deceive you, he does sniff out some really good entries.

#137     Jan 11, 2017
  8. Handle123

Handle123

Wanted to short on higher bar, but end of hour and that is it for the day, got to have rules.

#138     Jan 11, 2017
    CBC and Zodiac4u like this.
  9. Handle123

Handle123

I am in process of building a new system for my best friend, after 30 years he is tired of working for others doing the same things each day. It is very much like day trading, you know much about what works, back testing where I make my rules, can only trade certain times for Scalping like the first 40-50 minutes of the day providing volatility is low, this is key about volatility. Best way to know when not to trade is size of Bollinger bands, too big and I stop till reduces, if very too big I have to wait for start of new hour and I can only trade this new system for two sessions. The main concentration is not losing, so you watch the MAE a good deal, one has to build signals that offer fewest losses cause mental stops right now are much bigger than gains, trend has to be slower but can change when it has to change fast-that was actually simple to come up to figuring it out-use distance as a rule. So little by little you tackle small elements of one's system. My buddy is coding it, and I know it be the last system I make for day trading, I am tired of doing the same each day, automation by far is incredible.

#139     Jan 11, 2017
    beginner66, iamnewuser911 and CBC like this.
  10. big mac

big mac

why do you need a new sys, you already said you are a former pit trader and banked on that experience with your automated algos?

You are rich, just sitting back letting your algos cash out?

#140     Jan 11, 2017
    Sweet Bobby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.