ES Journal - 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algofy

algofy

I wouldn't bust on b1s2 too much, his trades are overall net positive.

#91     Jan 8, 2017
  2. jl1575

jl1575

I hope he traded at least 5 to 10 contracts at a time; last year he made around $5000/per contact, so that would be $20/per contract/per day, so if he traded 5 contracts each trade, he would made $100/day, if 10 contracts then $200. But if a swing trade lost 30 points like the recent one, 10 contracts would cause $15000. He is using PRM, so probably he wouldn't trade 10 contacts in swing trade.

#92     Jan 8, 2017
  3. algofy

algofy

Yeah, would imagine with those numbers he trades multiple contracts.

#93     Jan 8, 2017
  4. pinabetal

pinabetal

Well i see i was wrong. I looked again at his original post and see he did say some trades would be held overnight. My wrong. I guess the words "intraday movements" leaped out at me from his original post so i assumed it was an intraday trade. That is what i get for not paying attention to detail. Nevertheless, if the trade was just an overnight trade 30.25 points loss is nothing to sneeze at.

"Longer term position player looking to post here some shorter term ES trades to begin to get a feel for the intraday movements etc. Some positions will be held overnight and I will use this as a training ground to get stops put in at correct levels etc. It may take me a while to get good. I am used to holding positions for weeks and months."

#94     Jan 8, 2017
  5. algofy

algofy

Yeah that original post is a boiler plate from previous threads...he held that swing trade for several sessions.

#95     Jan 8, 2017
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Not able to post late Fri. --This trade was closed Fri MOC at 2271.00 for a 3 pt.gain

#96     Jan 8, 2017
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Reminder: Position trades are 2 times margin----Swing trades are 4 times margin---Day trades are 10 times margin.

#97     Jan 8, 2017
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

But saying that you have to consider his multi year tally, which I believe is net positive, making him within the 5%, nice achievement, wouldn't you agree?

The thing is PRM even applies to non-trading environments, you do need to know what you are doing, yet you don't need to win on most occasions, that's the beauty of PRM, you could be a consistent loser, but be net positive ROI.

P.S. I've just increased my pot by 400% playing BJ, must have played hundreds of hands, almost lost the pot on one occasion, so had to go all in after a massive losing streak. Point is that if I was to lose the pot it wouldn't have hurt me financially, yet being up 400% in 2 days is very nice indeed.

#98     Jan 8, 2017
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Swing trade short 2267.00 Initial stop 2276.00

#99     Jan 9, 2017
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Likely carving out a medium term top here.

#100     Jan 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.