ES in the doggystyle

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TheMagican, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Didn`t follow ES for quite a long time.Today i decided to monitor the ES symbol and it is quite in the doggystyle all day long.What`s happened?Is that what the ES is all about nowadays,doggystyle all day long?

2. Bob111

Bob111

--doggystyle --
    is a name for a certain pattern? :p

last few days are pretty shitty for me. i just checked my stats for last few years-i might be better off for January.

3. Is Jan always a crapshoot according to your stats?

4. Handle123

Handle123

It is just another day at work, ES is a Scalpers dream, risk next to nothing and target 1-8 ticks. Oh, you do have to have a solid trading plan, can't be greedy and be willing to take 1-2 ticks often, and biggest rule is not to overstay your welcome.

Some Januarys' are very slow cause Xmas is over and many folks are just plain bored. The big "cliff" is over for now and not much news driving the markets.

If you want some excitement, day trade coffee.

5. I never understood how people trade for 1-2 ticks. That's just noise. How much do you let a position go against you when you're just aiming for 1-2 ticks?

6. The not to overstay your welcome part is interesting,but quiet subjective in this context.can you please elaborate further on it?

I used to trade ES long time ago,but from i see now it doesn`t produce the range my chart produces.It just stuck to the ceilling and murmur around and about.it does produce 1-2 ticks,though,but,how to not overstay welcome effectively?For 1-2 ticks target i have to have a couple of mil account,at least,to be effective.

7. you can trade 20 contracts for 2 ticks pretty easily between 9.30 & 11.30 AM and between 3 & 4 PM from what I've experienced.

8. More reasons why volatilty in the markets is good for traders... more pronouncation of moves.. just more to trade... No action no trades... but what do i know..

9. Specterx

Specterx

He didn't say target 1-2 ticks, he said he targets up to 8, but washes the trade for 1-2 if it doesn't perform.

The only way to do it is watch ES for years, day in, day out, and eventually you'll get a piece of the miniscule edge it offers.

10. Is there a format that anyone would prefer to see for reviewing profit segments? Please post a sample. I have multiple accounts linked into a master account.

#10     Jan 11, 2013