ES highest high of the next four years?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MarkBrown, Nov 10, 2020.

Are we now in a bear market?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. Vote Bear: Long genius about to learn a lesson

22.2%
  2. Vote Bull: Short sellers are the same ole fools

66.7%
  3. Vote Neutral: Strangle seller here no direction

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

So was yesterday ES 3668 the highest high of the next four years?

Vote Bear: Long genius about to learn a lesson
    Vote Bull: Short sellers are the same ole fools

Vote Neutral: Strangle seller here no direction

2. Biden has mentioned his "plan" for $11-TRILLION in stimulus. If anything like that materializes, you can bet on skyrocketing new highs in the markets* AND inflation!

*In case you're thinking, WOWZA... think again. In the Turkish market of 1982-2005, their equity market went up 20,000x... TWENTY THOUSAND TIMES!... but even investors who caught the entire move up came up losers, big time. That's because the currency devaluation for that ramp-up was 1,000,000x. That is.... everyone who "made" 20,000 TIMES their money lost out on the currency devaluation... to the tune of losing 98% of their buying power. (A cup of coffee cost 3,000,000 Lira before the devaluation... 3, Lira after)

Bottom Line... Only a fool would hope for/celebrate a skyrocketing stock market based upon money printing!

Here's another story from memory....

Some regime back around Roman times wanted to print a bunch of money (for obvious purposes, of course... just like today). The printer wanted to get paid and was told, "just take some of what you printed for me"... and the printer replied... "No, I want real money/payment... like gold... not the crap I printed for you".

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    ET180, Clubber Lang and Axon like this.
  3. I think every top has got to be the highest. It's been proving me wrong for a few years now. :)

MarkBrown likes this.
  4. Specterx

Specterx

My guess is large cap indices get marked up another 40% - pretty much eliminating any yield pickup over fixed income. For all intents and purposes the bull won't be able to proceed further and money flows will need to migrate to foreign stocks, micro caps, Bitcoin and so forth.

MarkBrown likes this.
  5. Hah...it's been the highest high of the last 4 days...as long as today doesn't give any surprises in the next couple hours.

MarkBrown likes this.
  6. It has been quite high in the last 4 years. Let’s see what happens.

MarkBrown likes this.