ES has built a rocket...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by krugman25, Aug 9, 2019.

1. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Diversified. I'm kind of a one market kind of guy.

#101     Aug 26, 2019
  2. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

I have decided to close my long market position and move the cash back into stable value. I was able to close at a break even. I closed it for 2 reasons. One is that I have started to get long beta-weighted SPY delta's through options positions I have been putting on the past few weeks. That means I am getting a bit heavier long SPY than I would want, so taking this position off of the board takes off a lot of static long deltas.

The seconds is because of my perceived 'safety' of the trade. Now, I have found that good pin bar setups are hard to break, but they can be broken. Even with all of the volley's that have been thrown at this market, price has stayed buoyed and the setup is still in play. When you have price trapped inside of a pin bar for multiple days, the breakout is usually aggressive, either up or down. If it breaks down I suspect it will be violent, and if it breaks up it could be a real face melter.

My play going forward is waiting for a breakup so my long SPY deltas can benefit, and if it violently breaks down I will be selling premium in that likely high IV environment.

Good luck all

#102     Aug 28, 2019
  3. I think you are right that extended pin bars portend huge volatility spikes. Which way, I wouldn't predict personally.

#103     Aug 28, 2019
    krugman25 likes this.
  4. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

Took a little while but there it is. Never bet against a good pin bar setup.

#104     Sep 4, 2019