ES EOD Momentum...yowza!!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by aldrums, Jan 28, 2018.

1. aldrums

aldrums

Yes...things are happening! Tomorrow is not going to be boring, and that is all a trader can ask for.

#11     Jan 30, 2018
  2. aldrums

aldrums

In retrospect it seems what happened on Friday was a type of buying climax. Now we have traded to days from high to low. Possible buying opportunity tomorrow...it will be I interesting to see how it opens.

#12     Jan 31, 2018
  3. ET180

ET180

I suspect that the market will try to retest today's lows tomorrow at the open. If it fails to make a new low, then it will climb higher tomorrow and continue higher rest of the week. Lots of big earnings coming after close on Wednesday: Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple, Merck, Exxon, Chevron. This should help support the market. We'll see. Bond market still matters.

#13     Jan 31, 2018
    aldrums likes this.
  4. aldrums

aldrums

I hope you’re right! I hate missing the rebound when it happens overnight. And yes, the bonds are on a steady slide. I am thinking they will eventually test the lows made last year.

#14     Jan 31, 2018
  5. aldrums

aldrums

Wow, what an amazing day! My favorite Trade was the one I couldn’t take, “Shorting on a Buying Day High made First”, from the Taylor Trading Technique. The market opened and shot right through yesterday’s high at 39.50, to 39.75, so all the sellers at the yhigh got filled! There was a nice push down two bars later, or if you had the patience a collapse through the open a little while later for about a six point gain. Textbook!!

#15     Jan 31, 2018
  6. aldrums

aldrums

Looks like distribution on the ES. Three out of four days they sold the rally in the afternoon. Capture.PNG

#16     Feb 1, 2018