Es Daytrading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by vectorC, May 2, 2008.

1. vectorC

vectorC

todays result

nice work 1380-82 level :)

• es.gif
      File size:
      12.9 KB
      Views:
    #61     May 28, 2008
  2. vectorC

vectorC

Todays levels for ES Daytrading

• es.gif
      File size:
      12.6 KB
      Views:
    #62     May 29, 2008
  3. I have a question.. for the sp 500 there are 1000 forces acting on "the index" (the Market) . If you are doing small size which most people on this board are..then what is the benefit of doing ES versus doing individual stocks.. the individual stocks have more volatility and the commissions these days are pretty low per share to trade stocks. I traded stock futures indexes for years and the moves continue much better in individual stocks versus the es index.. also there are only 2 forces at work for every individual stock... buyer and seller.. for index there are .. 500 buyers and 500 sellers for all the stocks in the index?

Why do you trade es instead of individual stocks?
    Do a comparison of a couipel individual stocks compared tot eh sp 500 on bigcharts.com and you can seee the sp barley moved while many individual stocks have sky rocketed upward or downward... much easier to make money IMHO when you have a trend

Just wanted someone else's opinion.thanks

#63     May 29, 2008
  4. vectorC

vectorC

Todays levels work :)

This is reason for ES trading, 13 p = 650 USD per contract, easy, by Trade Plan... :)

• es.gif
      File size:
      13.7 KB
      Views:
    #64     May 29, 2008
  5. lol...

1000 shares short uso after oil report at 107
    cover at 103.50

= 3500 bucks

lol..i didnt make the trade.. and you making a lil money on your trade doesnt answer anything

#65     May 29, 2008
  6. vectorC

vectorC

:D

your margin 107.000

my margin for 5 contracts 20.0000

my Profit 3.250 USD.... :cool:

#66     May 29, 2008
  7. actually i get 4:1 margin so i only needed 28,000 to make the trade..you still did not answer my question and your demo acct made you nothing

#67     May 29, 2008
  8. OK, you're using max daytrading leverage in a stock account (not counting prop-firm trading), so let's compare apples to apples. Vector is chosing to use a very conservative $4K margin per contract, but almost all futures brokers only require $500 per contract for daytrading margin.

So, apples to apples:

You USO trade:

$3,500 on $26,750 minimum margin capital (4:1) = 13.1% ROI

vs. Vector's ES trades (assuming it's an honest 13 points):

$3,250 on $2,500 minimum margin capital (5x$500) = 130% ROI

QED

Of course leverage works both ways, but any daytrader worth his salt daytrades futures because of the much greater returns.

#68     May 29, 2008
  9. vectorC

vectorC

jaytrader is any local jester ?:eek:

#69     May 30, 2008
  10. please i have been trading futures for ten years.. you guys are totally missing my point.. I am talking about trends and tradign those trends in stocks like RIMM , AAPL, drys, big etc... comparing uso was a mistake on my part.. serioulsy the moves in stocks are much easier to see and follow than the es.. hands downnnn.

I am no jester my friend.. but believe whatever you want.. I guarantee I hae traded more contracts in some weeks than you h ave donen in months.. I don't give a rats ass about ROI.. becasue it boils down to which one gives you the most consistent profits.. anyway i figured no one here had a good answer.. waste of time as usual.. have fun flipping and sweating one lots.. for peanuts.

#70     May 30, 2008