ES Daytrading: "only 1 trade per day" or "1st trade a loss, rest of day a loss"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Aug 20, 2008.

1. do you do this?...is this an actual strategy employed by you for end of the day trades?...do you find that the end of the day "mirrors" the earlier part of the day?

#41     Aug 21, 2008
  2. thanks for sharing your experience...wow..be nice to trade with $130K!!!

#42     Aug 21, 2008
  3. yea...I never dealt with this when swingtrading the QQQQ options etc...the deal is because I trade with low daytrade margins...must exit that day...so...cannot forever endure the drawdown or not acknowledge it as the "trading day will end" and here comes OVERNIGHT MARGIN!!!

#43     Aug 21, 2008
  4. Osorico...thanks Man...really appreciate the time on this...I agree with the MAX loss for the day...my problem is my level has been hit and I go for more and have lost more!!!...interesting thought on the upside profit and that "no limit"...just FYI...I have never traded all day...I wonder how that would go and what it would be like to literally trade from 9:30am-4:00pm NY time...trading the YM or ES...hmmm...

#44     Aug 21, 2008
  5. this has been my deal...large losses/sting of losses really hurt and cloud...hate it!

#45     Aug 21, 2008
  6. I disagree...the math speaks too loud...gain 2 ES point or 20 YM points per day(per 1 trade per day) and throw 2 cars at them...that is about $52,000.00 per year approx...seems like a great plan...traiding too much could lead to over trading and losing all your profits...I guess it is your approach to your "business of trading"...

#46     Aug 21, 2008
  7. Just do it then. Thats the only way you'll learn patience and discipline to follow your trading plan (if daytrading is the route you wanna take). Asking a million questions will never take the place of sitting there and watching on your own.

#47     Aug 21, 2008
  8. Overtrading is a RELATIVE term. Of course given your level of skill it seems dangerous and you try and protect yourself by thinking just 1 trade a day will make you your fortune. What you don't understand yet is that there are tons of opportunities everyday but the only way you will learn is to do what you haven't done yet, sit and watch a FULL DAY over and over and over.

Btw, Gnome has been trading for probably longer than you've been alive so I'd tend to listen to guys like that if I were you :)

#48     Aug 21, 2008
  9. I agree. It pays to hear what gnome has to say. Osorico's post was detailed and very good, and essentially in agreement with gnome's view.

#49     Aug 21, 2008
  10. Swordsman, Osorico, Thundedog, Gnome or everyone else...thanks, really thank you for taking the time to answer my questions...you guys have HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD!....

question...on average...how many trades (roundtrip) do you guys take per day trading the eminis?...5,10,20,50,100?

#50     Aug 21, 2008