ES Daytrading: "only 1 trade per day" or "1st trade a loss, rest of day a loss"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Aug 20, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

I'm not the one arguing. Bolt was born with great genes... should we bow down? Has he got a ring to kiss?

I'd rather idolize a hot babe for her great genes, personally.

#31     Aug 21, 2008
  2. Until Bolt adds a few more races and qualifying heats he can't compete with Phelps schedule and results.

#32     Aug 21, 2008
  3. Plus, Bolt is probably juicing. Track stars are NOTORIOUS for this.

#33     Aug 21, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Genetics...

1. Black men/women have dominated the sprints for years...

2. You don't see any black divers...

3. You barely see 1 or 2 swimmers at the top level... (a swimming coach I know once offered a crude explanation.... not PC, these days... has something to do with black people generally having low body fat)

Running fast isn't really a skill... either you're "born with it" [the potential] or not.

I'm not knocking Bolt... I enjoyed his exploits as much as the next... but it's still just "another black man who can run fast".... something we should all have understood for years... he's just the fastest....

#34     Aug 21, 2008
  5. Thats why the saying "You can't teach speed" exists :)

#35     Aug 21, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

It's true in other sports too. In my younger days I was a big-time tennis player. The serve is a big deal, of course... if you were born with a high enough percentage of fast-twitch muscle, you have the potential to develop a fast serve. If not, you're out of luck.

As pros move up the ladder, eventually their "fast twitch" becomes a limiting factor in their ascension.... and nothing can be done about it.

#36     Aug 21, 2008
  7. eagle

eagle

I do agree with you that Bolt is the best runner. But there is some reaction on the Internet that was ridiculous and skeptical about Michael Phelps' astounding performance. They said that it was easier to win gold in swimming than in running. Come on guys! If you take randomly 1000 people and put them on the track, then they will be able to run, fast or not but they can run. However, if you take those same people and put them all in the water, then I'm sure some will be drowned. The truth is that innately running is much easier to learn than swimming.

#37     Aug 21, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

It's obvious the Phelps detractors are FARGIN' IDIOTS!

Running is innate in all of us. Swimming is not.

Mark Spitz only swam the butterfly and free... Phelps has eclipsed him.

#38     Aug 21, 2008
  9. I agree, I know a lot more people that live on land than live in the water :D

#39     Aug 21, 2008
  10. how did you get past it?

#40     Aug 21, 2008