ES daily calls results

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dbanks, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I meant the point of your posts.

#31     Jul 15, 2003
  2. dbanks

dbanks

I have chosen to share what I do each day as far as the calls that I make based on the signals I get.

I do not sell anything.

I do work with a couple of local traders who chose to take my calls so that they can make money.

I post the calls each day for anyone who wants to see the calls in detail and in total. It give you a picture of what can be done if you take the calls. Where you get into trouble is when someone tries to pick and choose the calls. It would be nice if you could always pick the ones that are positive. However, that is not the real world as you can see in the 1st 2 calls I made today. You do get hit, but if you stay with a winning system, usually you will come out okay at the end of the day.

Hope this helps.

#32     Jul 15, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So, since your posts are not intended to be educational, what is one to gain from them? Since you don't explain your system, there's no way one can determine whether your calls are accurate or not. But even if they are, one cannot trade the calls himself since what you've presented so far is "black box".

You make some winning calls and some losing calls. So does everybody else. But since you don't explain your signals, no one can emulate you. So what is it that you're sharing?

#33     Jul 15, 2003
  4. lmt

lmt

What would make any trader blindly follow someone elses' calls when they have no idea what the method is for making the calls?

#34     Jul 15, 2003
  5. Yea crap head what the hell are you trying to do here.

You make cheap off the cuff calls.

#35     Jul 15, 2003
  6. dbanks

dbanks

Come to the Elitetrader chat room and you will see the calls being made in real time.

#36     Jul 15, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why? If there's no rationale, then one would have to take the call simply because you make it. That's more than a little loony.

#37     Jul 15, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You'll go far, lmt :p

#38     Jul 15, 2003
  9. dbanks

dbanks

Not a great day, but not bad.

#39     Jul 17, 2003
  10. Dbanks, you are still showing a nice trading performance, but it would be more realistic if you included commissions. Especially since you do a lot of trading each day for just one point gains.

For example, on the 10th you show an overall gain of one point for the day, but if you were trading one contract/trade you would have lost $31.60 after commissions for the day.

I think it is a mistake to ignore commissions on evaluating a trading strategy.

Just my 2c ents worth. - rcm.

#40     Jul 17, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.