ES comissions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by barnetda, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Isn't thinkorswim's rate also $3.50 per contract per trade?

What is the best ES broker overall considering everything including service, commission, margins?

#21     Nov 24, 2008
  2. The best broker for ES depends on a number of variables such as number of RTs a month, account size and platform/API requirements. The piker and the professional will have a different best broker.

#22     Nov 25, 2008
  3. That makes sense, thanks for a thoughtful reply. That said, any suggestions for a beginner with a small account trading one contract?

#23     Nov 25, 2008
  4. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

You are still getting rammed so hard. When I traded my HUGE 5 lot a day i was paying 1.90 per side and I never had a problem with connection or service. This was also over 2 years ago. You are trading 20x that. You should be paying around 3.25 for a RT.

I would trade with them for a couple of weeks and call around and ask a few companies what you can get for 200 RT a day in the ES. Get a quote and throw it in your brokers face. Tell them you are seriously considering changing brokers. Watch your commission drop.

#24     Nov 25, 2008
  5. $7-5 is nuts if you are actually doing that volume! You are gettting taken to the cleaners and coming out dirty. There are a few high quality vendors that can do better, easily and offer outstanding service.

#25     Nov 25, 2008
  6. maybe the whole thread is a fraud????

#26     Nov 25, 2008
  7. I can assure you my thread is not a fraud!!

I will trade another week or so at that price and get it moved to a lower level. As ive said i like the platform and the service.

I averaged 186 lots per day last week in the ES. So it is an issue for surethanks for the info.

#27     Nov 25, 2008
  8. Who was your broker?

#28     Dec 3, 2008
  9. There's a cap on the SE tax. Talk to an accountant and weigh the options. If you make a decent buck trading then it's beneficial to file as a professional

#29     Dec 3, 2008
  10. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

I used Alaron

#30     Dec 3, 2008