ES comissions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by barnetda, Nov 14, 2008.

1. just about any discount broker would chop that figure on your volume. Shop around, but don't go with a schlep organization, in these terrible times.

You should go with someone with a good rep, a long history, and some size to them. Stay away from the 3-man Introducing Brokers, in other words.

Someone like InteractiveBrokers or ThinkOrSwim wouldn't be bad.

#11     Nov 15, 2008
  2. Many thanks. Much appreciated.

#12     Nov 15, 2008
  3. You've been taken to cleaners...sue your broker!
    If your vol is true, then I can get you 3.50 RT from my broker, feed, NT and Zen and all fees included!
    That would be way below IB and everyone else!

#13     Nov 15, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

I am fairly sure The OP is reading his statement wrong!

#14     Nov 15, 2008
  5. unless i really dont understand it i am sure i am paying $3.50 per contract.

I just looked again at my statement.

As an example i bought 6 /ES fee was $21.

I then sold 6 /ES and the fee charged again was $21

AM i confused?

#15     Nov 15, 2008
  6. I just totalled all my trades from friday. I bought a total of 84 ES and Sold a total of 84 ES/

My brokerage fee in total was $588

Thats $3.50 per contract and $7 rt right??

#16     Nov 15, 2008
  7. price is not the only thing. Reputation and reliability is also important. Read the broker reviews here - some are hated.

Who is "your broker" ??

#17     Nov 15, 2008
  8. The execution and reliability of my broker is very good. I would rather not flame my broker until i have spoken to them on monday and given them the chance to reduce my fees.

#18     Nov 15, 2008
  9. ML Quant...can you PM me on who you are using please...I've tried to ge NT for free but have not found it..thanks!!

#19     Nov 15, 2008
  10. Just an update.

I contacted my broker and they dropped my fee to $5 per r/t.

While i accept that i could probably get as low as $3.50 i feel the service that i receive is worth the additional.

I just wanted to thank the posters here for the advice , it saved me a fortune going forward.

thank you.

#20     Nov 20, 2008