ES chart patterns

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by billsafari, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Not sure if I'd fully agree but partially true. Everyone sees things a little different. IMO the patterns are not as clean but since they are only a guide, they can still serve that purpose but keeping in mind the unique aspects of ES vs other markets.

#11     Dec 9, 2011
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Chart patterns like the ones the OP gave as examples are not trade signals. Simply, of course they don't work as such. :D

Yet, to make them useful, they must be used with a trade signal that does work to be able to compete with the "few" that are profitable or borderline profitable while trading the S&P 500 Emini ES futures.

#12     Dec 11, 2011
  3. Greg88

Greg88

Hi Bill,
    Since you're a new trader, stay away from cash trades right now- I strongly suggest that you explore other techniques , and some of them you will understand and 'connect ' with right away- these ones
    you should explore in detail. Stay away from the quick fix, quick buck
    strategies. They only make a quick buck from the seller- sorry but that's true.
    I know , I've been down that road; don't want to see a smart new trader fall into that trap.
    But if you're careless- you deserve to lose your money.
    Cheers,
    G.

#13     Dec 15, 2011
  4. Who said I was a new trader? I have been trading stocks and options for 11 years. I just recently added the ES. I know plenty of chart patterns, etc. I was just seeing if I can learn something new. If I could gain one ounce of new info from 100 or 1 million posts i'll take it.

I'm always looking to improve and I always like to hear what other traders are thinking or doing.

#14     Dec 15, 2011
  5. Greg88

Greg88

Ok, great Bill. My error. You 're like me. Always
    constantly learning and pushing the limit.
    Great to hear someone else always wanting
    to improve.
    Cheers,
    G.

#15     Dec 15, 2011
  6. ammo

ammo

look for these on a daily or multiday chart for support/res, targets we are approaching,r watch em for awhile,it will become obvious..just noticed i had already posted this earlier ,i'll leave it up for the current chart

#16     Dec 15, 2011

7. Why is there a ledge on that bottom boob? Bad boob job?

#17     Dec 16, 2011
  8. Greg88

Greg88

Ammo- It seems that your chart is too full of information.
    What focus can you derive from your chart ?
    Fortune Teller- I guess someone had to be smart about that
    ' B ' -pattern ; but seriously don't you find that MA's and
    retracements are the simplest of signals ?
    Cheers,
    G.

#18     Dec 16, 2011
  9. ammo

ammo

take a look greg , bill mentioned he was looking for patterns,just another tool to use

#19     Dec 16, 2011
  10. Will someone fill me in on the boob chart? how to trade it?

#20     Dec 16, 2011