Es Algo Late Day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by pwrtrdr, Apr 1, 2010.

1. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

So this system if VERY consistent last half hour ?

#21     Apr 2, 2010
  2. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Not interested during normal trading hours, as your own proof of your charts posted here it did not catch the LARGE MOVE FROM 74 to 66.50 area.....

Last half hour trading is the issue here not a sales pitch for a "caht" room or some site for a fee etc.

#22     Apr 2, 2010
  3. Major inventory grabs are very consistent regardless of when they happen as a stand alone trade set up. If you want to get in tune with "at the moment" Equities BUY or SELL program activity just watch the NYSE $TICK.....with DTN.IQ feed you can have that information with only about a 1 second lag.

If you trade the ES/YM/TF you have to pay attention to the Equities BUY and SELL program activity imo. Over 95% of SHORT covering rallies in the ES or LONG covering sell offs are driven by Equities BUY and SELL program activity.

#23     Apr 2, 2010
  4. I suggest you look at Market Profile to at least understand the significance of market levels in trading. www.cisco-futures.com has free charts on the weekends. Their 20-day MP chart from last weekend clearly identified the 1073 and 1067 levels. During the past week those levels have adjusted to 1076 and 1065.

Going into Thursdays session we had lows from the night session at 1065 or so, with most trading in the overnight and day session being done between the 1072 and 1077 levels. From 1072 to 1065, very little business was done.

I don't have clue as to where the market trades minute to minute, but i could put a probability on the day breaking the 1072 to test 1065. I traded short more than a hour before the break below 1072. And took little scalps short on the way down.

These V shaped recoveries at the bottom is a patern that has been repeated over and over for some time now. Not too surprising.

Central Banker

#24     Apr 2, 2010
  5. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Thanks any more info on this ( links) appreciated

:)

#25     Apr 2, 2010
  6. One issue with the $Tick is that it is snapshot data, it is only updated every 5-6 seconds which will make it look different than every tick updated. I believe Tradestation, maybe someone can verify, updates $Tick every tick or you can recreate the $Tick on your own, but it resource intensive.

#26     Apr 2, 2010
  7. Thanks I didn't know that Cisco offered free charts.

#27     Apr 2, 2010
  8. #28     Apr 2, 2010
  9. Nope.....DTN.IQ just brought out the close to 1 second from realtime TICK.Z on the 29th of March. :cool:

#29     Apr 2, 2010
  10. You can create a REAL TIME TICK index in Excel and chart it in Sierra Charts...

Even...

Create a Real Time YM TICK although there is the TICKI...

Create a Real Time NQ TICK too...

Create pretty much any ETF or index Tick you want thru Excel in real time...

hope that is somewhat interestin... :)

#30     Apr 2, 2010