ES 610 Tick Chart Daily Trade Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by MerlinAurelius, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Trading hours: 8:30-11:30 am EST, occasionally into the afternoon session (eg FOMC days)

Stop/Target: 5 tick stop, 8 tick target, target extension possible

Indicators: Keltner Channels, MACD BBs, 80 and 8 period EMA

Entries/exits: Taken from midband when trending, otherwise taken from previous pivots, S/R or EMAs based on price action.

Platform: NinjaTrader (demo), sometimes charts will be from past market replays (all paper trading)

Purpose: Constructive discussion about ES day trading strategies and techniques, sharing of ES charts and trades, and general comradery among ES traders, especially those using a 610 tick chart but all ES traders welcome. Snark, and random negative BS from non-ES traders not so welcome.

Level: Beginner ~6 months experience daytrading ES live markets every day (paper trading only) and past market replays as much as possible.

Trade analysis: This is a chart from 12/07/2015. Done in Market Replay mode for additional practice as it is the weekend. The second and fourth trades should have been entered further back from the midband so the stop was behind the previous high pivot. The fifth trade’s target could have been extended. Dec8Replay.png

johnnyrock likes this.
  2. Palindrome

Palindrome

The big money is realized when you can hold a position strong. There are not too many 2 tick chumps out there that survive over the long run. I've found new people love the short term action. Try looking at technicals on the daily or even weekly chart...just my two cents. You might be able to spend less time trading and more time making real money.

Also, I have found the ES on the short term to be very noisy essentially designed to pick your pocket.

Short term is fun, I get it...but difficult to remain profitable in my opinion.

treeman and johnnyrock like this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

I been day trading over 3 decades, so I will say that less is more, many inexperienced traders use too many indicators cause they don't want to spend couple years learning how to read charts, this is plain and simple. Then when most add indicators they use them wrong, they are to indicate and not be used as THE REASON of getting in. MACD does not give best of indications of deep enough retracements. No clear idea of using Keltner, you had to have gotten that idea from RS of Houston or Mitchell? There was another guy using Keltner, OMG he had like 307 paged binder, just Dog and Pony show of getting people to sign up for his monthly net show, make system as hard as possible so many have to sign up for signal room.

I had written much more but erased as it is Sunday and don't want to seem all negative.

Good luck to you.

Apophenia likes this.
  4. speedo

speedo

I agree with Handle in that you want to keep charts simple as possible. Signals need to be clear and unambiguous. I would also revisit your 610 tick time frame. That is very fast for the ES and price action will appear squirrley (lots of fits and starts). Obviously tick charts will vary as to market action but 610 is roughly analogous to a 40 second chart....tough way to go.

5. So I will likely not survive nor ever make any money, and you refer to people like me as 2 tick chumps.

How very helpful. Thank you so much...

6. I do not know of whom you speak. Houson or Mitchell??? R/S means support and resistance.

The system I use is being taught to me by professional traders who use it to make money every day.
    If you have ways I can improve what I am currently doing OR want to share charts to show a better system by all means go ahead.

I see 90% of posts on this site are losers telling others what you are doing is wrong because of X...You will never make money because of Y...
    If you have a better system share it! Otherwise what is the point of that negative BS?

If this is what you are going to post why even bother??!!

I REPEAT

If you have ways I can improve what I am currently doing OR want to share charts to show a better system by all means go ahead.

7. The system I use is being taught to me by professional traders who use it to make money every day.

I see 90% of posts on this site are losers telling others what you are doing is wrong because of X...You will never make money because of Y...
    Really? This is helpful how???

If this is what you are going to post why even bother??!!

I REPEAT

8. The system I use is being taught to me by professional traders who use it to make money every day.

I REPEAT

If you have ways I can improve WHAT I AM CURRENTLY DOING OR want to share charts to SHOW A BETTER SYSTEM by all means go ahead.

Pretty much, if you don't use a 610 tick chart on the ES...Go ahead and save yourself the trouble and ...wait for it...

I am not interested in what you have to say!!

9. Looks as though you're using a strategy that is being used by professionals that make money *every day*... yet ur wanting advice or constructive trader commentary?

Maybe I'm missing something.. But based on your responses and tone to the replies of advice/input you're already set in ur ways and don't want any discussion other then what you want to hear.

Best of luck to you.

speedo likes this.
  10. Yes I already have mentors and a proven system and am looking for others using similar methods. Thats it.

Thanks for your help

#10     Sep 25, 2016