Es - 10/29/03

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by acrary, Oct 29, 2003.

1. pspr

pspr

What are the trading hours of the DAX? Eastern time.

#51     Oct 29, 2003
  2. 3 AM - 2 PM EST I believe. Although, I don't trade the open (way too early)

-Fast

#52     Oct 29, 2003
  3. Tea

Tea

CME has to reduce its ES tick size to .10

Too much slippage % when increasing trade size due to smaller range.

CME is out of touch. Can't be good news for their stock.

#53     Oct 29, 2003
  4. jmis

jmis

times like this i wish i had a mentor, or just get to sit next to acracy, or funky, or dbphoenix ;) and see how they make the trade.

funky, i'm very glad you've found something that works for you. i'm just muddling thru. dbphoenix, day like this is like going to the atm for you? ;) omg

#54     Oct 29, 2003
  5. Yea...having a Mentor would be cool

-Fast

#55     Oct 29, 2003
  6. doug456

doug456

what is the margin req for trading the DAX in USD? is it around the same as ES?

#56     Oct 29, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No, you don't. Trading somebody else's system isn't going to do you much, if any, good. Instead, read funky's posts on pivot levels. There's also a recent thread devoted to it (acrary, of course, is in a different class, at least from me).

"Pivot" levels, however, need not be just those levels determined by a pivot calculator. They can also be important S/R (you'll find out rather quickly whether or not the S/R is important or not). But once you have tentative levels, then watch what price does as it approaches those levels. I like to look for divergences using an oscillator, and you may have a favorite that will do the job for you. But even if there are no divergences in the oscillator, the pivot level or the S/R holds the trump until proven otherwise. Look for weakness (if going short), then act.

It's also important not to be greedy. Once you've reached your target, get out. Or at least make your stop very tight. Then wait for the next opportunity. If the price just bobs up and down between the limits of your range, do nothing. Like now :p

Think of the price bar as a stick that traders are using to find out if the buyers - or sellers - are alive or dead. If traders are able to push price to a level where buyers ought to jump in, and the buyers don't jump in, then you just learned something. Ditto for the opposite end of the range.

#57     Oct 29, 2003
  8. funky

funky

i like that analogy.... so we're the stick men?

#58     Oct 29, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No. The stick men are our scouts. :p If they poke the buyers and the buyers are drunk or dead or stoned, we short.

#59     Oct 29, 2003
  10. funky

funky

so we play with the stick men. i'm not sure if i like that.:D :eek:

#60     Oct 29, 2003