Es - 10/29/03

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by acrary, Oct 29, 2003.

1. acrary

acrary

Very tiring first hour. Probably the toughest 2 pts I've had to make all year. The test of yesterday's high leads me to believe this is going to be a inside or narrow range day. I don't see much energy to go up or down right now. Normally I'd be buying at 1042.00 but I just don't see any buyers moving the market.

Time to do something else for a couple of hours...

2. Yea...this morning sucked for sure. At least you're up 2 pts...I think I'm down 0.75 :(

-Fast

3. funky

funky

yep....i had no pivot trade at 945. the 1030 pivot held so far....we'll see....

4. Tough to trade when there is no range......maybe step back untill we break one way or another?

5. we are definitely in the CCC area.

See attached/

6. Sitting at +5.50 pts per contract for 10 ES so far... Today is one of those sleeper days IMO. :)

7. Draw a down trend line using the HOD on the 15th of Oct and the HOD for the 17th of October and you will see where we sit...so I am not surprised by todays action so far.

8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You'd have to use yesterday's highs for the "pivots", i.e., price S/R rather than the calculated pivot levels. That would have been worth 7pts on the NQ.

9. I'm assuming that's from a buy yesterday? If so, do you hold stuff overnight frequently? It would scare me no end to do that.

jd

10. Actually...I'm sure that's all from the Short side :eek:

-Fast

#10     Oct 29, 2003