ES/ 1 Point Target, no stops

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by oldtime, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I think he forgot to mention the fact that he is trading on a demo acc ..:p

#41     Dec 8, 2012
  2. trades last session

#42     Dec 8, 2012
  3. holy grail

#43     Dec 8, 2012
  4. Actually, when testing stops in my various trend following algos (independent of the work I do with EW based TA) I found that tight stops absolutely kill a profitable system, loose stops have no effect, and "just right" stops (takes some experimentation to find them) have a slight positive effect.

#44     Dec 8, 2012
  5. Mktsurfer, I was too harsh in my previous message. I apologize. I'm sure you know a lot about what you've seen and have had experience testing. All I'm saying is that blanket statements like "stops degrade any system" drive me a little nuts :)

#45     Dec 8, 2012
  6. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Yes..you do post your calls. But let's be honest, your trading calls have been horrendous. You take gigantic losses and small wins. Kind of opposite of what a good trader does.

So you really have zero ground to stand on. Guys like you are funny. You have all of your studies and "stats" but when it comes to trading you get obliterated.

As far as this guy's thread....I REALLY hope he is kidding because his "strategy" is one that has been done over and over with the same result. The account goes to zero. I believe their was some clown on a vendor trading site mentioned on here who traded russell futures. He was making like 800-1500 day...until the one day he lost 350k doing a very similar strategy.

#46     Dec 8, 2012
  7. Daring

Daring

You suck, you have no business talking suggestions.

First of all, you trade like a neophyte, i dont care how many decades you have under your belt.

And to top it off, you ditch TA.

Dude, YOU SUCK!

#47     Dec 8, 2012
  8. Ok, brother. Your right, I haven't seen everything, and I could be wrong. But based on all the evidence beyond claims, that I have seen stops degrade performance.

surf

#48     Dec 9, 2012
  9. Daring

Daring

#50     Dec 9, 2012