Errors when query historical data (twsapi)

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by aa33902, Nov 23, 2009.

1. aa33902

aa33902

I experienced the following error when querying historical data today for HSI and ES when they were all successfully called yesterday:

For 2009.11.24 HSI daily data:
    Error message:
    Historical Market Data Service error message:No data of type EODChart is available for the exchange 'HKFE' and the security type 'Index' and '1 y' and '1 day'

For 2009.11.24 HSI 5 sec data:
    Error message:
    Historical Market Data Service error message:No data of type DayChart is available for the exchange 'HKFE' and the security type 'Futures' and '7200 S' and '5 secs'

For 2009.11.24 SPX index 1 min data:
    Error message:
    Historical Market Data Service error message:No data of type DayChart is available for the exchange 'CBOE' and the security type 'Index' and '2 d' and '1 min'

For 2009.11.24 ES 5 sec data:
    Error message:
    Historical Market Data Service error message:No data of type DayChart is available for the exchange 'GLOBEX' and the security type 'Futures' and '7200 S' and '5 secs'

For 2009.11.24 SPX daily data:
    Error message:
    Historical Market Data Service error message:No data of type EODChart is available for the exchange 'CBOE' and the security type 'Index' and '1 y' and '1 day'

The historical data query all failed today. Pls help!

Keith

2. Can you get those charts in TWS? If not then the server is probably having "issues".

3. I get that occasionally when I am running on either the demo server or my paper account. It seems to happen more in the Fri/Sat/Sun time frame, so I'm wondering if they are monkeying around with the system at that time (markets closed). Haven't seen it during open markets on my live account, though.