Errors in the Hershey Futures Method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Joe Doaks, Jul 22, 2007.

1. I told you before on another thread when you asked me why I cared, and I told you I know a couple guys who trade the method exclusively. They use the tools outlined and do very well for themselves. I just think its very funny how you cant seem to get it :D

They DO NOT make 3X the daily range nor are they right everytime, HOWEVER that doesnt matter as they are able to see the mkt very well using the method.

#141     Jul 30, 2007
  2. The problem with you Trader28 is that you are so focused on the 3X the range and never a loss claims that you fail to see the big picture, which is you can still make sick money using the method and consistently.

#142     Jul 30, 2007
  3. You don't know anyone making a cent from SCT including yourself.. but I fail to see why you would spend hours posting to me even if that was true.. face it you are a failed SCT user and need to vent your frustration and lack of profitability

#143     Jul 30, 2007
  4. Grabbing at straws again like usual. Believe whatever your heart desires guy, you wanted to know my motivation for responding to you so there you have it.

As a matter of fact I do not trade SCT, I have traded stocks successfully since 2000 (six figs ever year since 01) and only this year am I also incorporating the ES into my regiment. And I never said the couple guys I know who trade the method shoot for SCT. I said they USE THE TOOLS avaliable from the method to allow them to see the market in a way that they can extract nice chunks daily. You see, not everyone must trade exactly how Jack does, there are many ways to skin the cat.

#144     Jul 30, 2007
  5. You are a loser.. I know it and everyone else knows it.. you speak like a child ("sick money") and cant control yourself even when you make grand statements about ignoring me from now on.. in short you cant even hold your water let alone trade successfully

#145     Jul 30, 2007
  6. Sorry bub, but my trading and bank accts say differently. But thats really none of your business anyways. We were discussing why I have engaged you in this banter and now that I've told you, you seem to be even more whiny than usual :p

Anyways little one, I must prepare for the open. Its been fun. See you later.

#146     Jul 30, 2007
  7. You still sound like a child.. you still cant hold your water.. don't ask us to believe you are anything other than another miserable failed SCT user desperately trying to apologize for Jack in the faint hope he can somehow make you profitable.. because you surely cant do it for yourself

#147     Jul 30, 2007
  8. Well, the spittle has sufficiently dried on everyone's screens so I may sanitarily continue with my solemn mission: to educate SCT traders as to the errors of their ways. To wit:

Error #7: DRAWING TRENDS FROM THE "RIGHT SIDE" ONLY.

On many days (typically narrow range) it is advantageous to draw a morning trend line and channel from the "left side". How gauche! How sinestra! How links! But it often works, as you can see from the attachment.

The "left" trend line is aqua and the corresponding "right" channel line is orange. You can see that SOMEBODY else does this "wrong", because the right side enjoyed four bounces and four crosses during the day and was a major element of the charting landscape. You will note that it was still honored 3 hours and 32 minutes after its formation.

Let me also point out that I prefer an ultra-compressed one minute chart to a five minute. To me it preserves the situational awareness of the whole day, while still giving a hint of what is going on inside those accurst ambiguously opaque five minute bars. And (see Error #1) it facilitates correct trend line drawing. Of course I still chart and trade off of a stretched out one minute chart.

#148     Aug 1, 2007
  9. The attached from today's NQ once again demonstrates my point. I will say no more because ET doesn't fucking deserve it. What you DO deserve is Jack Hershey.

#149     Aug 2, 2007
  10. Sorry Joe, but your charts look nothing like mine. You have one big channel, there is no way to interpret volume properly within what you have (shown here). How can you possibly know when one short term trend ends and another begins? You have no way of seeing if price broke out of the channel or merely walked out (crucial). Soooo many important things that you seem to lack here, I dont know anything more than what you posted but I can tell you, if this is what you think is complete, then no wonder you have so many issues with the method.

You can say whatever you want, but drawing channels, aligning the CORRECT RESOLUTION volume to the correct context, makes all the difference. I have traded every day this week and havent had a losing trade yet this week (out of 15). I am not always in with respect to "SCT" but I am using the methods framework as my guide. Incredibly powerful stuff, takes awhile to get a good grasp of it though.

#150     Aug 2, 2007