Errand of Mercy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Please read my post right above yours :D I just put up a post in another thread that said similar to yours. The "power elite" are bent on "freeing" the world of people. That is their "solution" to the problems with the economies of the world.

-g

P.S. My other post was in the thread about this is really beginning to feel like 1932. I disagreed - there was a place for hope in 1932.

#31     Jul 6, 2010
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Great minds think alike :D Imo, there's a lot of truth in the notion Elites possess all the technology necessary to live relatively independent of a "worker class".

#32     Jul 6, 2010
  3. ammo

ammo

per gastros post on killing and achilles on vacccines,the best way to do both would be poison the water system,gulf debacle, someone mentioned that england and france are dumping their nuclear water right into the channel,if oil is at a peak and soon to become a declining asset,and we are global warming, water will be the next scarcest commodity, why not speed up the process, can you imagine what will happen to the water table ,wells in the lower states over the next decade

#33     Jul 6, 2010
  4. Franklin D. Roosevelt once stated that there were no "accidents"! - it was all planned at that level. :D I agree with you - pollute the water - get rid of some "useless eaters!"

-g

#34     Jul 6, 2010
  5. nitro

nitro

While walking my dog last night, I was startled when for the first time in my life I saw a young couple sleeping in a car. I was embarrassed that I had intruded on their privacy, until I realized I was outside. The woman, who was wide awake, found a way to smile even given her situation.

This is getting worse, not better.

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/depression/photoessay.htm

#35     Aug 1, 2010
  6. even in your upper class neighbourhood, the homeless are arriving?:eek:

what kind of dog do you have?

#36     Aug 1, 2010
  7. nitro

nitro

A JRT. Mine looks very similar to the one below, except that he is bigger (~18 lbs solid) and more muscular, and is mostly brown with white spots.

When I take him to the doggy beach, he is 100% fearless, and is always seen playing with the pitbulls (although he doesn't know what to do with the Mastiffs and stays away.) He is lightning fast, and if he didn't have such a short stride, he would be a blurr. He doesn't like the water, although I went in with him once and now he goes in until his feet don't touch anymore, at which point he wusses out. It bothers the hell of out him that the Labs, who have no chance of getting the toy on land, crush him in the water. He is out of this world bright. I have taught him about fifty words that he knows down cold.

[​IMG]

• jrt.jpg
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Views:
    #37     Aug 1, 2010
  8. Great post... But personally I don't think globalisation is the biggest problem. It's not graved in stone people in the western world should always enjoy the highest standard of living. You can't like a game only because you win every time.

The biggest problem in my view (which has provoked exagerated and disproportional outsourcing as a result ofcourse) is the entaglement between politicians, elites and (central) bankers who fear a loss in value of their assets either out of greed or the need for survival (extremely overextended banks) which delays or denies necessary readjustments of society on a number of levels to take place with longer term economic distortions as a result.

You can think about a hundred laws or policies to be implemented in order for this evolution to reverse but really each of them depends on the moral of the people in charge which isnt the solution then in my view.

I think the best we could do is really have a no bail out policy followed strictly and on every occasion regardless of the systemic importance these companies would claim to possess.

Warren Buffet 20 billion USD lighter than today would have been good for the people and the suffering they had to endure during the consequenses of such a slump should be thought of as the protection of the system which will not be taken hostage by those with the biggest wallet.

Look at BP's 100 billion market cap loss these last months.

Tell me one country, government or law that could have inflicted such punitive response to a giant mogul as BP fucking up...

And then people say markets behave irrational by nature...

You hear that mostly when bank stocks are under pressure...:D

#38     Aug 1, 2010
  9. Nice doggy:)

#39     Aug 1, 2010
  10. We have got to get mad

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TheeKU3cR_Q&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TheeKU3cR_Q&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#40     Aug 1, 2010