Erin Burnett Over rated?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RisingTide, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I'm sure there are quite a few fans of Erin but she is sooooo annoying to listen to. She thinks she's all that and I feel she's too cocky.

CNBC is too predictable and painful to watch through out the day.

2. empee

empee

i cant stand her sensationalist coverage. TBH, I cant stand most CNBC personalities, I try to watch sometimes and its unbearable, I have to turn it off. I don't know how anyone making money could watch it other than in MUTE for breaking news

3. I agree with you.

If you're a trader, CNBC probable doesn't help. From a institutional standpoint, our office does not have CNBC on. I occasionally turn to CNBC to see what the talking heads have to say and I would have say, Erin is the worse of them all.

4. For a second there I thought you were going to mention the nasal quality of her voice ... which is the main thing that bothers me about her. I don't care if she's not Einstein - she's an anchor, I wouldn't expect that. But what I do expect is ... easy on the eyes AND ears. .. Like Haines ... LOL.

5. She is smug and full of herself.

But who in the MSM is not?

6. Daal

Daal

shes hilarious

7. She's actually rather competent and is learning sarcasm and attack skills from Mark Haynes very quickly. Besides, she's smoking hot.

8. perr

perr

There was a battle for the pretty'es one.

Back then, there was a war on all the News channels, who had the best one.

Erin is what show up on this channel. This is all they had.

Your right she pretty, but she doesn't have much.

trade well
    perr

9. axehawk

axehawk

She is hot, and that's all that's important.

Combine that with her above-average intelligence, and it's easy to see why she could become totally full of herself. She's a total narcissist.

Hell, I know plenty of fat, ugly, stupid chicks that think they are the cat's meow.

10. She pretty much is the poster girl for why CNBC is a joke. She is ignorant, arrogant and way too flip.

There are competent women on CNBC, the Asian girl who sometimes hosts Fast Money for example. They went for the big hair instead. The one thing she has going for her is she doesn't have the dentist-drill voice of Maria B.

#10     Sep 28, 2008