Erin Burnett is such a baby! Hahahaha!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChkitOut, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Holy crap, she gets easily offended. I feel sorry for her
    boyfriend. :p

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNv0AXb_s5A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNv0AXb_s5A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. nitro

nitro

It seems like there must be history here - neither of them deserved what the other dished out to each other based on this one encounter. If I had to place % blame, I would mostly blame the guy because it seems that once he challenged her with "the onus is on you..." he refused to allow her to talk, which then became a childish game more about, "I am right", instead of, what is your truth and I am interested in it. Of course, that doesn't seem to stop some of the firecracker women that debate politics on CNBC (I forget her name but the woman is amazing), but it is probably not her style to engage people in this manner.

That said, she had either had it with the guy, or, she was ill prepared with an answer to his counter. In the end though, debating about markets is an idle profession because markets do stupid things all the time! So how can you start with bad axioms and achieve reasonable predictions? You may be right in theory, and the market will make you wrong! "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

BTW, it seems to me that if you go on these shows (I still don't quite get what the guests get out of it - do they get paid - exposure ?), the last person you want to piss off is the anchor. You are fighting on their turf - even if you "win", you lose.

One final comment. It seems that Erin Burnett threads pop up from time to time, 100% of them are derogatory. When I have watched her show, I have found that she (or is it the producer?) deviate from standard Wall Street ideas, where I find compassion, humor, and the tidbits are well researched. Why don't you guys comment on what she does right, and not what she does wrong? In fact, why not comment on what the entire network does right and not wrong? I guarantee you, they want to know! But if you are always one sided, it is hard to trust your objectivity.

3. lol, not a big Burnett fan but I see where she might have taken offense at the tone.

4. Air in Brunette