Eric Bolling: Cut losers quick is the key to making money.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ang_99, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Eric and I went to high school together. Not only is he smart (and a great athlete) but he's a super, super nice guy.

#31     Feb 10, 2008
  2. Had a particularly heavy loss ever caused him to cry? Bolling is momentarily taken aback, and then laughs. “No, no,” he says with all the tough-guy resolve you would expect from a former Pittsburgh Pirates third baseman, albeit one forced by injury to quit after just two years. “Although …” He pauses, then laughs again, this time a little nervously. “The closest I ever came to crying was in 2002, when my son was in preschool.” He strokes his close-cropped goatee. “It was my day to read a story to the class, and I have a big position on natural gas, 500 spreads that happen to be the wrong way. The market was just ripping that morning. And I’m reading The Spider and the Fly, and I’m getting text messages about where the market’s going, and the sweat is beating up on me.

“But I’m still reading, and when they open it up to questions, the kids turn out to love the story. So I end up having to answer 30 questions, while I’m seeing the market going worse and worse. By the time I get to the trading floor, I am down - should I say this? - $2 million. Two million dollars - because I was reading a story!”

He shrugs. “But what can you do? You try to put it aside, and you focus on trading. And to be honest, you make it back. Not all at once, of course. But you take baby steps, and you do.”

http://www.davidrowan.com/2005/11/fuel-economy-hanging-out-with-nymex.html

#32     Feb 10, 2008
  3. "He would constantly "test" the markets . . . by that I mean putting on a position based on some technical work, and then letting the market tell him if he was right or wrong. Testing, Testing, Testing. - - - Kind of like being a bass fisherman and seeing if you could find that one place where the big one's were biting!"

sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!

#33     Feb 10, 2008
  4. Cesko

Cesko

i stopped watching that video after he said he doesnt believe in global warming,....
    If you listened further he explains why and he is completely correct. Amazing there are still people who don't understand that IT IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW FOR SURE. Just dumb-ass common sense.You don't even need to be smart to understand that crap.

Off the subject though.

#34     Feb 10, 2008
  5. gaj

gaj

6. dsq

dsq

"If you listened further he explains why and he is completely correct. Amazing there are still people who don't understand that IT IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW FOR SURE.

kind of like the logic denying that smoking causes cancer right?

"Just dumb-ass common sense.You don't even need to be smart to understand that crap."

...speaking from experience?

personally, i will side with climate scientists who are slightly smarter than eb and other deniers who subscribe to dumb-ass common sense.

#36     Feb 10, 2008
  7. Past prime knows everyone and everything. Just ask him.

BB

#37     Feb 10, 2008
  8. He's probably taking back his Mets comment after tonights news. :p

Nice interview. Thanks

#38     Feb 11, 2008