ergotron quad-monitor stand----$215

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rodmike9, Mar 2, 2010.

1. incorrect sir

"........ clamp mounts to desktop or other surface"

the ergotron is free-standing.

look, i am trying to sell the stand because i really don't need two of them right now. to each their own, so best of luck to you in finding the stand which makes sense for your budget and needs.

good luck to you

$215 is my offer:D

#22     Mar 21, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

fair business practice? legitimate? if u don't like it don't buy it.
    do u believe in price controls? do you believe that the price of anything is based merely on material costs? the market for monitor stands is a small market. find an alternative solution. arrange your monitors horizontally. your vitriolic criticism of the manufacturer is uncalled for.

#23     Mar 22, 2010
  3. If you think a company can survive and cover their infrastructure, R & D, staffing, manufacturing, and service costs by selling a stand like that at $25, you've clearly never had any experience running such an concern. The stand is a little bit more than a bent piece of Chinese metal. I agree that $300 is a lot but $25 isn't a 'fair price'.

I also don't understand people berating the seller about his price. If you make him an offer and he responds by saying 'that's an insult', why the need to school him? You'll never get those 5 minutes back, and it's pointless, since you two are never going to get close enough to do a deal. Someone else has expressed an interest. He will eventually sell for what the market offers or keep the stand.

#24     Mar 22, 2010
  4. You are right. I shouldn't have. To be honest, I wasn't really hoping to get a deal because we are so far apart. However, it wasn't exactly time wasted as I am actively looking / researching, and simply posted what I was looking at anyways.

#25     Mar 22, 2010
  5. bump

#26     Mar 25, 2010
  6. $194 offer

#27     Mar 27, 2010
  7. benwm

benwm

"OFF the $75 bid...":D

#28     Mar 30, 2010
  8. If I have offended OP with my critical opinion of the monitor stand industry, I appologize to OP.

As for those claiming I haven't a clue, I have quite extensive experience in manufacturing engineering on products raning from $20 Sears products to multimillion dollars each defense systems. I know what it costs to make something. When the cardboard supplier gets more then the farmer, you won't find me buying Wheaties.

#29     Mar 30, 2010
  9. It is no longer available. thx for playing

#30     Mar 30, 2010