ER2 trading strategies

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by vision, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Yep, last two days have been tougher than usual with my method also (I don't use oscillators).

Jay

#31     Oct 15, 2006
  2. buzz

buzz

There is lot a correlation between indexes.If Dow Jones Index moves, in most case SP500 and NASDAQ will also move in the same direction.But I cant find a market that correlates with ER2

Let say, you buy ER2 ) when it break resistance.Do you think it’s necessary to pay attention to other indexes like YM, ES or NQ and look if they break their resistance too to confirm your trade? You can do that, but you will probably miss a lot of moves.

I think that when trading ER2, you should not look at any other index because ER2 is a leading index at this present time in the cycle, but this could change and most prob will, as markets are changing all the time.What.I found is ER2 moves often ahead of YM, ES or NQ.When others indexes are moving upwards and ER2 go in the opposite direction, it’s generally a sign of market weakness.When I trade the YM I like to see Trans Nas IBM and sometimes bonds, to confirm a trade, But I cant find anything for ER2, but I will keep on looking. maybe the answer lies in one of the EFTs markets:confused:

#32     Oct 15, 2006
  3. rdm239

rdm239

Hey,

Does anybody feel that there are times during the day that are bad to trade? Also, besides the open and close, has anyone found any other times that seem to move well? Thanks.

R

#33     Mar 19, 2007
  4. ER2

ER2

I find the ER2 responds very well to basic pattern analysis -- you don't have to get complicated to trade this contract. For those who need indicator confirmation, a 5,3,3 stochastic on the 5min chart seems to work well as a cross-verification tool.

It's a great contract and I don't trade anything else. Feel free to PM me if the ER2 is driving you nuts and you'd like to mull over some strategies.

Mark

#34     Mar 19, 2007
  5. * Low volatility below the normal volatility.

* Volatility that lacks volatility spikes

Another Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#35     Mar 19, 2007
  6. ER2

ER2

One could argue the only safe time to trade is when the CME is down for maintenence. :D

Mark

#36     Mar 19, 2007
  7. rdm239

rdm239

How do you really keep track of vol?

#37     Mar 21, 2007
  8. feb2865

feb2865

same here. I tried some other contracts and I always come back to ER2.

#38     Mar 21, 2007