Er2, Es & Ym

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jj2005, May 2, 2006.

1. Hi porgie,

My stops have nothing to do with bar size either. And I have had to adjust my stops to accomodate more volatile price action... Mental stops seem to be working well at the moment :eek:

Good trading,
    Osorico

#31     May 28, 2006
  2. i hate to admit it oso, but we think alike........i am moving to mental stops but that is not for the undisciplined trader.....as the heat comes on us we tend to melt and back away just a little more as we hope it turns in our favor.........that is bad stuff for me.........i do use the 5 pt stops but must admit have to stretch them a bit occasionally........the mental stops for what i do which is scalp, is the better strategy......just requires focus..when entry is executed i need to watch for move in my direction not be pushing buttons and settings for stops............for me anyway........when it hits my stop the exit button is pushed. when it hits my target the exit button is pushed.......if the trade turns against me i know it immediately........thanks and have a great weekend......

#32     May 28, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

I disagree. What good is a 5 point stop if you get stopped out 4 times in a roll because it is too tight ? There is a lot of noise and whip in YM. It is very easy to move around compared to ES.

#33     May 28, 2006
  4. who gets stopped out.......? not me vol, that is a rarity .....let's don't say the % thingie....you have to enter bad trades to get stopped out................glad to hear from you since u almost hung up on me on chat..... i don't have anything good to add to other's trading anyway.......es is a dead duck.........minor pt scalping is all they will give u.........be happy and quit frowning, my best friend and neighbor.......... no rain here yet how about u vol....???

#34     May 28, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

where is the room to let the trade work ? Dead duck ? Volatility has not been this nice since 01/02. Got some rain this morning.

#35     May 29, 2006