Er2, Es & Ym

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jj2005, May 2, 2006.

1. Jachyra

Jachyra

Agreed...I love the DAX...plus I prefer trading at night into the early morning.

#11     May 4, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Today was a good example. All day rally so far:

YM 134 points = 670$
    ES 12.5 points = 625$
    ER2 7.8 points = 780$

#12     May 5, 2006
  3. I dont see how you can separate YM and ES. One is never going to stray far from the other nor is one going anywhere without the cooperation of the other. I trade both using whichever one is displaying relative weakness/strength for the day. Of course if youre trading 50 cars at a time you probably want to go with ES.:)

#13     May 5, 2006
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, I didn't. I separated ER2 from the other two (YM and ES).

We have been testing a strategy on YM and ES, and they give pretty much the same results. One day YM is better slightly, the other day ES is the more profitable.

But for big swings, ER2 is the one to play....

#14     May 5, 2006
  5. I keep hearing this but doesnt it work both ways, reward AND risk? They usually go hand in hand.

#15     May 5, 2006
  6. NKD and Currency futures are great for swing trades.

#16     May 5, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sure. That's why I said: "if you are able to catch trending days..."

#17     May 5, 2006
  8. My original post was not directed at you in particular so I went back and read your posts. The relative moves you posted are interesting but you have to take other things into consideration. It is my own feeling that ES is the least risky of the futures to trade so I would be inclined to trade more contracts than I would with another instrument I consider riskier so I guess what it boils down to is: 6 of one, half dozen of another.:)

#18     May 5, 2006
  9. WD40

WD40

which exchange does DAX trade on?
    Does IB support it?

#19     May 6, 2006
  10. lwlee

lwlee

#20     May 6, 2006