Equivalents of $TRIN and $TICK in Tokyo and Osaka Stock Exchanges

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by clearpicks, Nov 29, 2005.

1. I am studying NIKKEI 225 futures. Is there anyone knows whether Tokyo and Osaka Stock Exchanges provide equivalents of NYSE $TRIN and $TICK? Thanks in advance.

2. I trade the TOPIX futures on occasion and have looked at the information at both exchanges but I have not come accross any similar information outside of IB. IB does provide an internal calculation for TICK & TRIN for the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TICK-TSEJ & TRIN-TSEJ).

There may be some local data providers that provide such information but if there are I have not come accross them and the brokerages would only do business in Japanese.

3. Hi Allen,

Are the TRIN and TICK indices as same useful to TPX and NI225 trading as NYSE TRIN and TICK to ES trading? Thanks.

- Clearpicks

4. That's a little difficult to answer since I haven't traded the ES in a long time but in general, they work the same in following market sentiment or in using the TICK for divergences.

The real issue would be any differences between ES and the Japan products. Again, I follow the TOPX futures (not the N225) and they can be much slower in trading so I normally would use a directional approach to capture intraday swings.