Equity Trading Academy

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JonathanSmiller, Nov 6, 2008.

1. I am scheduled for an interview with this prop firm.

I tried to do some research on their website but they don't even one. Evidently they have never had one.

In my opinion, any firm that does not have a website or has one that is under construction for the past few months is very suspicious - kinda like a bioler room firm.

I also spoke with a few people who blew out their accounts in a few weeks after joining.

But I wanted to get some more opinions from people who know more about the industry than I do.

Pls advise!!

2. eest13

eest13

I interviewed with them, it does sound like a boiler room and they give u the worst deal i ever heard.

You gotta pay $4000 for a 2 week training. After training they give you a $100,000 credit line, but you gotta cover any losses you incur. On top of that you gotta use their platform, which you have to pay for and also pay per share price, which I dont remember how much.. by the time they got to that I was so fed up with them I just wanted to leave.

The guy who I interviewed with didn't even have their program running, he was using thinkorswim. And it wasn't really an interview, he was just trying to sell me their package deal.