Equity traders have proven themseleves on ET, futures traders remain a mystery

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ChkitOut, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Two whole months ugh?

According to this thread you only have another 5 months to go.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145005

#31     Nov 29, 2008
  2. He showed some amazing numbers, consistent 5 figure days, trading ES, ZN, and CL. MBA-Trader (or a similar nick) also posted often in '07 with very good results in ES. Wonder where they both wandered off to..

#32     Nov 29, 2008
  3. Exactly my experience and that's why I don't use a physical stop and why I enter when other stops have been hit. If you are having this problem try this: mentally enter the market where your typical trigger would be and then place your buy order (assuming you're going long) where your stop would have been. If you can do that you're risk has immediately been reduced because you are now buying where you would have lost and you stand a chance that a trigger at a lower price will increase the probability the trigger will work - i.e. you will not get tossed by noise but you could still be on the wrong side of the market so risk management is obviously still needed.

I will not trigger unless the market has gone to a new high, where I will go short or to a new low where I will go long. The reason for this is.....<i>because that's where the stops are.</i>

#33     Nov 29, 2008
  4. Give me one reason to post PnL in a thread. So you will "believe" or so you will like me is not an acceptable reason. BTW; "you" as used in the above refers to the universse of anonymous ET members.

From time to time I'll play in the chat-room right here on ET, with live calls and trades. You are welcome to stop in and keep track of my PnL if you wish.

Osorico :)

#34     Nov 29, 2008
  5. I have a better idea, why don't you short where you were going to buy and cover at your stop loss price....:eek:

#35     Nov 29, 2008
  6. lol, oh the possibilities, they are endless!

#36     Nov 29, 2008
  7. Surely, you can't be talking about the recent market where big money has been made selling the breakdown?

#37     Nov 29, 2008
  8. Dude, that's even better. Forget what I said earlier, just do the opposite of what you normally do. Ohhh....wait, what if the stop on the short gets hit? Operator, you really screwed him up now :mad:

#38     Nov 29, 2008
  9. The recent market is exactly what I'm talking about and it's been shaaweet! Typically, I'd have to ride a 3 point correction. Nowadays, those corrections are 10-12 points. How can that NOT be good?

#39     Nov 29, 2008
  10. volente_00

volente_00

Part of keeping your ego in check is to remain humble. Perhaps the good futures traders could care less what other think of them and have all the proof they need sitting in the bank.

#40     Nov 29, 2008